Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues sending serial commands to play image/video

Hi,

I'm trying to control a 128 G2 from max msp (www.cycling74.com) . For this purpose i'm sending some decimal string, convert from hexa to the serial port in max, as with the serial commander.
    This is working fine to write some text, moving cursor etc...
    example: for clearing screen, i'm sending [255 215], translated by max digit by digit in this ascii string: [50 53 53 49 55 55], sent thru the serial port and understood successfully by the screen as [FF D7], regardless of the baudrate.
    As i said, it's working well to write letters and words on the screen.
    Unfortunaltely, i'm not able to display image and video from the scard in this way.
    The media_init string [255 177] send back an 0x15 error. And the other "media_set_add", "Media_image" and "Media_video" as well.
    I've prepared two sd cards in the Visi environment, following the "Serial Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW" notice, one scandisk 2g and one transcent 4g and the both are working well from the serial commander.
    The strings i'm sending, for a video on adress 0x0000 0x0000 are:
    FFB1 (255 177 - media init)
    FFB9 0000 0000 (255 185 0 0 - media set add)
    FFBB 0000 0000 (255 187 0 0 - media video)

Do i forgot something in the strings ? Do i have to prepare the card in another way ?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

I'm not sure how "i'm sending [255 215], translated by max digit by digit in this ascii string: [50 53 53 49 55 55], sent thru the serial port and understood successfully by the screen as [FF D7]" can possibly work sending a 'clear screen' involves sending only 2 bytes 0xff and 0xD7. If it works it must be some kind of fluke, plus you must surely be getting quite a few NAKs with any ACK.

Similarly, I can't see how it can work "regardless of the baudrate". The baud rate is very important.

Can you show us your 'max' code?
    Mark

Comment

Ok it's working.
      For the one who is interresting in Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_serial.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	45942 interfacing with max msp jitter, here's the basics.

Comment

Working...
      X