Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• device is not responding?

Hello.
    I have a problem:my old target board can respond to workshop4,but when I changed something of my PCB that is irrelevant to PICASO,my new target board can not respond to workshop4 and display"Device is not responding"。I test the VCC and it is right,I test the crystal oscillator and it has sine wave。I do not know how to solve it now。
    What reasons about this problem are there?How can I do next?
    Thank you。

How is Picaso connected to Workshop?

What programming cable are you using, how is it connected?

Do you have any drawings or photos?
    Mark

Comment

hello,thank you very much.
      I use the programming cable that is the CP2012 communication board.I always used it very well in my old PCB。
      The picture is as follow.

Attached Files

Comment

So when you click reset on the traffic light in Workshop, does the display reset?

Are you using a 4D programming cable, or something else that uses a CP210x?
        Mark

Comment

Sorry ,I left office table for other things yesterday,so I can not reply to you.
          Thank you for your reply.
          1、I always restart my PCB ,then plug the programming cable and click the "Click to rescan port" ,or restart the workshop4.In any event,using my new PCB will report error"device is not responding",but my old PCB will connect with workshop4 correctly.
          2、I am using a CP2102 communicating board,should I have to buy the 4D programming cable?I thought it well that the communicating board can work .
          Best wishes.

Comment

If your old PCB definitely worked with the "CP2102 communicating board" then the new one should work too.

What are the changes between your old and new PCBs?
            Mark

Comment

I change other things that are nothing to do with the PICASO.
              My PCB are mainly comprised of two parts:1、Display part(PICASO) 2、Main Control part(STM32F405)。the changes occur in STM32F405.

Comment

I check the circuit of PICASO carefully between my old PCB and new PCB,they are same.
                Does the PICASO need to setup some parameter for new PICASO chip?Because I take over another engineer's work,who left 。the old PCB is designed by him.

Comment

Hmm, maybe the Picaso does not have a PmmC loaded.

On the old board find the PmmC loaded by viewing the status in the comms tab.

Then try and load that PmmC into the new board by starting the PmmC Loader tool, placing it in manual mode and pointing it to the matching PmmC
                  Mark

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
                    I try it.
                    Best wishes.

Comment

Hello,Mark!
                      You are great.
                      After loading the PmmC,it works well.
                      Thank you very much.
                      Best wishes!

Comment