Decimal point with custom digits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul,

Many thanks, will check this out ASAP but it looks like these are LED digits again (not custom digits) and I don't like them as IMHO they just don't fit in modern touch-screen interfaces.
    BTW, do you have any plans to add modern clean widgets (buttons, checkboxes, etc.) like we see them in Qt, Android, Windows 10, etc. nowadays?
    I think many customers would like to see these out of the box.

Thanks,

Anguel

Comment

• alexBussiere
      alexBussiere commented
      Editing a comment
      I think custom floating point numbers are a much needed feature, it is a pain and a lot of work to display floating numbers

Hi,

You can check/try this sample custom LED digit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roboto-Blue.png
Views:	192
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	69814

I've also attached additional LED digits resources in .gif format. In order to use them for custom LED Digit widget,
    you'll have to extract each digit and format them into a single image like shown above.

I hope this helps,

Comment

Hi Anguel,

I have attached an example showing how you can create an Android style button using the User Button widget. This shows how you can use Workshop to your own custom needs.

A Windows button uses about 64Kb of program space and about another 64Kb of RAM, and that's just for the 'widget' itself, not the required 'dll's, system functions etc, if you are using a Diablo display then you have half of that space for everything. Workshop has a variety of widgets that allow you to create the look and feel that you want so creating an Android / Windows 10 look isn't impossible and just a matter of creating the images for the buttons etc.

Best regards

Paul.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Anguel
        Anguel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Can you tell me how much space such a user button uses on the Diablo?

Hi Anguel,

The code space including the Genie application is only 2855 bytes, The images on the SD card for the buttons is 70kbytes which is not much out of a 4GB uSD card

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• Anguel
        Anguel commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good :-) Thanks!
    Working...
    X