Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexBussiere
    commented on 's reply
    I think custom floating point numbers are a much needed feature, it is a pain and a lot of work to display floating numbers

• jcas
    commented on 's reply
    What is the WriteObject object name I need to call for the internal led digits with floating point built in? WriteObject( tLeddigits, n, x) doesn’t work and neither does WriteObject(tInternalleddigits, n, x)

• Anguel
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds good :-) Thanks!

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Anguel,

The code space including the Genie application is only 2855 bytes, The images on the SD card for the buttons is 70kbytes which is not much out of a 4GB uSD card

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Anguel
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Can you tell me how much space such a user button uses on the Diablo?

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Anguel,

I have attached an example showing how you can create an Android style button using the User Button widget. This shows how you can use Workshop to your own custom needs.

A Windows button uses about 64Kb of program space and about another 64Kb of RAM, and that's just for the 'widget' itself, not the required 'dll's, system functions etc, if you are using a Diablo display then you have half of that space for everything. Workshop has a variety of widgets that allow you to create the look and feel that you want so creating an Android / Windows 10 look isn't impossible and just a matter of creating the images for the buttons etc.

Best regards

Paul.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jerson
    replied
    Hi,

You can check/try this sample custom LED digit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roboto-Blue.png
Views:	205
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	69814

I've also attached additional LED digits resources in .gif format. In order to use them for custom LED Digit widget,
    you'll have to extract each digit and format them into a single image like shown above.

I hope this helps,

Leave a comment:

• Anguel
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Many thanks, will check this out ASAP but it looks like these are LED digits again (not custom digits) and I don't like them as IMHO they just don't fit in modern touch-screen interfaces.
    BTW, do you have any plans to add modern clean widgets (buttons, checkboxes, etc.) like we see them in Qt, Android, Windows 10, etc. nowadays?
    I think many customers would like to see these out of the box.

Thanks,

Anguel

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

We have an alternative and new method of using LED digits in the soon to be released WS 4 Update.There is a link to download the latest version. Please be aware that this is a pre-release version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1posg2rd6u....0.17.exe?dl=0

The new LED digits can be found under the Widgets, Digits tab and are the Internal LED Digits or Internal LED Digit.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Anguel
    commented on 's reply
    I fully agree here, the current behavior is very limiting and makes me consider other solutions at the moment. Easily displaying decimal point numbers on a display is essential.

• kad
    replied
    I realize that this is an old post, but might I suggest a new custom digits object that allows us to provide individual images for each digit akin to a user button or user images object (rather than internally splitting a single bitmap)? This would allow for a half width image for the decimal point AND allow for transparent backgrounds to the digits, both of which appear to be widely requested features.

-K

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Custom digits work by dividing a bitmap consisting of '0123456789' or '0123456679 -', if signed, equally to 'extract' each digit.

So the only way that could be extended to include a decimal point would be if the DP was the same width as each other digit, which I doubt will satisfy too many people.

So, really it's just not feasible.

Much simpler and controllable to insert your own DP between two sets of custom digits and use div and modulo in your code.

Leave a comment:

• alexBussiere
    replied
    I like the Smart Widgets in the new release. Is it possible to get Custom Digits with decimal places in the next software update? This feature would be incredible powerful for our companies development, and I am sure there are a lot of people that would really like this feature as well

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hello,

Yes it would be best to report the knob onChanging event to the the host, use the host to calculate before the decimal point and after the decimal point and then send both values as int's from the host.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• lowsecmail
    replied
    So if I'm following this correctly, if I need to add a decimal point in Custom LED Digits I have to use two sets of Custom LED Digits?

I understand how to set my host controller to call two separate writeObject commands, one to each Custom LED digits to write to a number before and after the decimal point, but the following is what doesn't make any sense to me.

If I have for example a knob, which under Events has OnChanging to change the value of my Custom LED Digits with a decimal point, I can only set that to update only one of the two Custom LED Digits. Also how does that value, which the knob treats as an INT, get parsed to a float by the screen? Do I have to send this INT to the host, and then have the host write back to the screen again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X