uVGA-III and ibm g78 not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uVGA-III and ibm g78 not working

Just recieved the new uVGA-III module and got it set up. Compiled a form with just an withe background and a button.
    All seemed to go well, transfered the data to the SD card and sent the gene program to the uVGA. I have the device connected to an IBM G78 MONITOR.
    The monitor do not display that withe background and just stay black.
    The resolution is 640 x 480.
    I just can't seem to get anything on the IBM monitor screen...

So the uVGA-iii is still powered by the programming cable?

Does the monitor recognise a connection has been made to it?

Can you post a picture of the connections?

Does the monitor have any seyup buttons? what to they say/show?
    Mark

Comment

Also to check, have you got the cable from the uVGA-III to the VGA plug of your monitor, plugged into the uVGA-III the correct way?
      Please note the datasheet:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-14_23-34-09.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	48762

Is this the issue?

Regards
      James

Comment

uVGA-iii is still powered by uUSB-PAS-II not with programing cable.
        The monitor get from that moving window that displays "no conection check signal cable" to black screen with power led in blink state when I insert uVGA device.
        Yes the monitor have more butons for setting display and contrast but they do not function when the uVGA device is connected.
        I tested with another IBM monitor (thinkVision) that support the resolution and did exactly the same black screen and POWERIN SAVE MODE text showing on display.
        ?
        Attached Files

Comment

In my datasheet page have these:
          Attached Files

Comment

my steps are these:

-conect uusb pas2 to > uVGA > to monitor
            -open workshop > create new project > uUVGA3 > resolution landscape 480x640 > visi gini
            - check to comm to be in blue state.
            - check in project > uSD to be selected
            - go to home and make an green background (from collor properties) to form0 and add an button
            - press build/copy and load button and the result shows

No Errors, code size = 1759 bytes out of 14400 total
            Approximate run RAM size = 1144 bytes out of 14400 total (Base:528 Disk:38 Img+Font_Controls:578)
            Download to Flash successful.

If I test with gtx get green and red caracters atached to this:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iuli View Post
              In my datasheet page have these:

Hi again. Thats fine, that is the Quick Start Guide you are referring to. The Datasheet is here: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/productp...heet_R_1_4.pdf

I'm just checking that you have put the uVGA-III cable to your monitor around the right way on your uVGA-III. The 10 way header to VGA connector, the stripe on the cable indicates Pin 10. So the stripe should be on the right hand side of the 10 way connector, where pin10 would be. I hope that makes sense. Just want to be sure you have the cable the right way around.

Regards
              James

Comment

It looks like everything is correct and Picaso is responding to programming and then running.

Try reversing the 10 way VGA connector to see if that fixes it.
                Mark

Comment

Unfortunately reversing the 10 way VGA connector did not fix the problem. Still the same black screen on the ibm monitors.What can be wrong. I just bought this device two days ago from TME. Need to make this working because I have some projects to display on big screens. With gtx tool had this result:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reversing the VGA cable is not going to change what you get out of GTX. GTX talks between the Picaso processor and Programming cable/adaptor which interfaces to the GTX program. So that is only showing comms between your PC and the uVGA-III. It does not determine if you are getting anything out of your monitor or not.

You mentioned you have set up your program with a white background and a button. How are you going to press that button exactly... uVGA-III has no touch input.

I assume you have programmed the uVGA-III in Genie, which then loaded the microSD card from WS4 with the images etc, and you have then put the microSD card in your uVGA-III?

Regards
                    James

Comment

I reversed VGA cable like ESPSUPPORT indicated. So GTX is the midelware from usbpa5-ii/pc and picaso mpu. Now I try with an green background for form0 an outputpin and button just for design purpose. Not for response to acction, just for seeng something on display that must be green with one just simple button on it.
                      On usd card that came with the kit have these (3.png picture)
                      Attached Files

Comment

And the project with all the files are atached now to this post.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do you have another uVGA-III that is working for comparison purposes?

Try the folloing
                          Have the monitor connected and turn on and the uVGA powered off.
                          Remove the uSD card
                          Power on the uVGA whilst watching the screen and describe everything the screen does.
                          Mark

Comment

Made one video with this.. Do not have another uVGA-III. Just descovered you and ordered to TME for one kit.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FU&usp=sharing
                            Last edited by iuli; 15th October 2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I need to see what happens when power is first applied, there's too much glare on that video to see, and it might have been all over by the time the camera was pointed at the screen.

Without a uSD card there should be a message on the screen.

Also when it is powerer off the screen should be basically black. When power is applied, depending on the monitor, you will see a bit of a shudder, or maybe a change in background from black to almost black. After 2 seconds you should see the 'Please mount uSD message'.

Do you have any diagnostic tools available?
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X