X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file_PutC() makes the program into breakdown

Hello.
    I have a problem:
    PICASO saves the data which is received by uart.The way of saving is using the function of file_PutC().The problem is that file_PutC() makes the program breakdown.The data is a lot and the speed of receiving data is fast .
    Why?
    Thank you very much.

What do you mean by 'breakdown'?

What baud rate is in the incoming data?

Does it use buffered comms?

This could be a real issue that cannot be solved, but I would have thought you would have difficulty 'finding' a buad rate high enough to encounter that.
    Mark

Comment

"breakdown"means that the buttons of display screen have no respond when kicking them and the program is dead.
      The baud rate is 115200.
      yes,it uses buffered comms and the size of buffer is 1300;
      Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

file_PutC will generally take less than a millisecond. When a cluster boundary is crossed it will take quite a bit longer, even 10, 20ms or more, depending on the file size and freespace on the uSD card.

I still don't quite follow why this would be causing 'breakdown', but I have no idea about how much data is being written or how fast, or how big the file is.

Why are you sure file_PutC is causing a problem? Maybe put a timer around it and see how long it is taking for you?
        Mark

Comment

Hello.
          Because masking the state of "file_PutC",the problem does not happen and the program is normal.

I think about a question:when the state of file_PutC() is running,whether the program stays here until data is completely written or program excutes next state and the operation of writting data to uSD is running in background?

I do not know whether my expression is clear .
          I make a test again.
          Thank you .

Comment

The is only one processor on Picaso, so there is no 'background'.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X