Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read file from SD and wait for the complete answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read file from SD and wait for the complete answer.

Maybe it's more an Arduino question, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I've manage to read a config file from the SD card and parse it successfully using the example from here http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...a-file-arduino

But the code is non blocking witch normally is great but I need to read the owner and version number from that config file and show it on the Form0 (bootup screen), but as the code doesn't wait the Form loads, times out and change without the info.

I'm wondering if there is a way to call the "readSDcard" function and wait for it to finish then keep on going. I can't use the in loop procedure from the example as I need to read from many files in the SD card in different moments, and on this bootup screen the function is called before the loop().

Thanks for any help ;-)

Arthur

Surely some kind of splash screen is what you are after. With no possibility of input from the user you can read from the SD card, and switch screens once you have the required input.
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

I ended up doing exactly that :-)

I've inserted a Splash on Form0 and let it read all the file to variables on it.

Thanks

Arthur

Comment

Working...
      X