• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrbscreen
    replied
    Originally posted by lawi View Post
    Hi,

I have the same Problem,
    Actual Jessie on an Raspberry Pi 1.x B+.
    I download the actual 4Dpi Software for the Version 1 Module.

After installation all seems to work. I see all the console output on the display and after startx I can also use the touch.

But if I try to use the touch from python with the setup above it doesn't work. (pygame with pygui)
    The calibration worked as describe in the documentation.

When I exchanged the driver the calibration doesn't work also.

Has anyone successfully use pygame and pygui with the 4Dpi-32?
    Is there any other gui library which was successfully tested (I like C++ more than python for performance reasons)?

Thanks,
    Michael

Hi Michael,

this is a problem with the underlying SDL1.2, tslib packages.
    Unfortunately there is no solution.

Explanations can be found here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=798160

On my own I use now X11 without window manager and start my pygame application in fullscreen mode without frame.

Display Initialisation:
    pygame.display.set_mode( (0, 0), pygame.NOFRAME)

Then use: startx <path to your application>

Do not export any SDL_ environment variables.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Martin

Last edited by mrbscreen; 15 December 2015, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lawi
    replied
    Hi,

I have the same Problem,
    Actual Jessie on an Raspberry Pi 1.x B+.
    I download the actual 4Dpi Software for the Version 1 Module.

After installation all seems to work. I see all the console output on the display and after startx I can also use the touch.

But if I try to use the touch from python with the setup above it doesn't work. (pygame with pygui)
    The calibration worked as describe in the documentation.

When I exchanged the driver the calibration doesn't work also.

Has anyone successfully use pygame and pygui with the 4Dpi-32?
    Is there any other gui library which was successfully tested (I like C++ more than python for performance reasons)?

Thanks,
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• Bryan
    replied
    Hi Steve,

The 4DPi-32 has a new package version which can be found here.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/download...10_v1.0.tar.gz

You can try to use the ads7846 driver instead of the one from the package.

rmmod 4dpi_touch
    modprobe ads7846

Rotation will not work correctly I don't believe, but otherwise it should be the same as our driver

Also, was there any changes on the python libraries that was used in your current setup?

Leave a comment:

• stevefromNewcastle
    replied
    Sorry James I did worry my question might be a bit unclear.
    I have a python script that I have developed and deployed onto 10 pervious raspberry pi systems. These systems have run on B, B+ Pi2 systems all running wheezy and all running 4Dpi-32 screens. When the Pi2 came out I set up on a clear install and installed all the modules and software that I needed and have been cloning this image to run on all my subsequent systems. Recently the image I have been using as my master image has become corrupted so I can not longer get this to write to an SD card and get this to boot . I set up a new image running Jessie and got the screen working and calibrated. I then added all the modules and resources needed to run my python program. When I run the python program that has been working on all of my previous versions on all hardware and software it doesn't work correctly.

As mentioned in my first post. I have calibrated and tested the screen in accordance with the manual, and all TSLib setups and test work fine. When I launch my python script which uses pygame and pygameui the mouse is irritate and is completely unusable. I was wondering if there had been any issues running Jessie and the screen. I may have to go back to wheezy and see if that makes a difference.
    Anyway if anyone has any ideas let me know.
    Thanks
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    Hi Steve

What version of the 4DPi-32 are you using, what revision is the hardware?

Once I then run a python script that has been working fine on over 10 raspberry pi systems using the 4Dpi-32 the screens does not get the correct touchscreen information
    Sorry can you explain that bit again. These 10 systems were using 4DPi-32's and were working fine, and now they are not? Were these running Wheezy or something and this new one you are doing in running Jessie? Is that what the difference is? Sorry its a little unclear from what you said, what was working, what has changed (Jessie?) and what isnt working now.

If you can explain a bit more, we will try to help as best we can.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• stevefromNewcastle
    started a topic 4dpi-32 Jessie Touchscreen Problems

4dpi-32 Jessie Touchscreen Problems

I have just put together a fresh install of Jessie on my Raspberry Pi with the drivers for the touch screen. I can get TSLib to calibrate and all of the tests to run correctly. Once I then run a python script that has been working fine on over 10 raspberry pi systems using the 4Dpi-32 the screens does not get the correct touchscreen information, the cursor jumps around and is not calibrated at all. Have I missed something or has anyone else seen these issues. I allocate the SDL links in python with

os.putenv('SDL_FBDEV', '/dev/fb1')
    os.putenv('SDL_MOUSEDRV', 'TSLIB')
    os.putenv('SDL_MOUSEDEV', '/dev/input/event0')

Any help would be greatly received as I am pulling my hair out on this issue.
    Thanks
    Steve
Working...
X