Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call RMPET.exe from another application

Hello everybody,

does the program "RMPET.exe" have command line parameters in order to start and control it from another application?

If no: Is there any alternative tool, which works in an analogical way and can be steered from another application?

Thanks in advance,

Przemek

No it doesn't and I can't really recommend any product that does as one of the reasons it was written was because every product we looked at had bugs that resulted in, sometimes obscure, issues with the partitioned media.

What part of RMPET are you looking to drive from the command line and why?

The FORMAT part is done by calling the command line format program, so you can easily do that from another program.

The Partition creation part only alters sector 0 of the card, so it is easily 'cloned' using the ReadUSD and WriteUSD scriptc scripts
    Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,

thank you for your reply.

I would like to drive both the partitioning and the formatting from the command line.

My company is going to use Picaso processors in its' escape-route-systems. For the production it would be nice, if each step could be performed automatically with one click(in this case partitioning and formatting is one step). This way, the production worker can do several tasks at the same time without having to concentrate on any in particular and without making any mistake.

The partitions and formats can be cloned with the script-commands you mentioned, but it takes 10 minutes for each SD. I certainly hoped that it would go quicker.

Thanks for your effort anyway,

Przemek

Comment

10 mins looks like you are copying the entire SD card, even then it seems steep. Last time I timed it it took about 1GB per min.

You only need to copy a small number of sectors to copy the partition table and 'format', you should be able to work out how much by using WinHex, or equivalent to see where the 'first' file gets put and just copy up to there.
        Mark

Comment

Thank you very much for this answer. The partitioning and formatting work fine in less than 1 second, when i do it manually from the command line.
          One question is left, however: Do the return values of "scriptc.exe" indicate, whether the operation was a success or not?
          It would be nice for the application controlling the process to know the result somehow.

Thanks in advance,

Przemek

Comment

Yes, scriptc will exit setting the return code whenever it encounters and error
            Mark

Comment

So, in case of success the value is 0, and in case of error not?

Comment

That is correct
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X