Running GC in Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running GC in Windows 2000

When running Graphics composer in Windows 2000 professional one needs to have both Service pack 4 installed plus Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0. Now I had these installed and working but another file is also needed before GC will work. This is the service pack NetFx20SP1_x86.exe for Microsoft NET Framework. Now that I have that last service Pack installed I can at least put images into the uSD card via the serial link.

Does it pickup the card reader as a drive?
    Atilla

Comment

Regretfully no, it doesn't allow use of a card reader.

I forgot to mention that I use the pmmc loader with uOLED-320XX-PMD3-uSD-Serial_rev3.pmmc BEFORE downloading to the module from GC and after downloading I revert to using uOLED-320XX-PMD3T-4DGL_rev1_0.pmmc to use with 4DGL.

Bit of a pain, very slow BUT IT WORKS.

Comment

Alan,

I don't mean to belabor the obvious since it looks like you've been working very hard at finding a way to make this work, but does the HELP/ABOUT screen of the version of the GC that you're using look like the attached screen shot (Version 2.0.1.1).

It was Version 2.0.1.0 that had the problem with recognizing removable storage devices and the full list of available COM ports. I'm using the 2.0.1.1 version on several machines (primarily XP SP2, but also several flavors of Vista Home and Business) without any problems at present. I don't have a running Win2K system to test with.

Hopfully someone here on the forum has had better success running the GC on Win2K and can offer more specific advice.

Good luck and I applaud your resourcefulness and willingness to move forward with the pain-in-the-neck workaround you've been forced to use until you can get things sorted out on Win2K.

Steve
        Attached files
        Any technology, sufficiently developed, is indistinguishable from magic. A.C. Clark(RIP)

NEW! Lower prices on all 4D Systems products for 2009 and continuing into 2010!
        http://shop.littlepcbsolutions.com

Comment

I'm using the 2.0.1.1 release and it doesn't recognise external drives.

Doesn't recognise A: for that matter either although the drive works away for a few seconds. It had a disk in it.

Might this be something to do with the uSD card format state when looking for an external card drive. Maybe it needs to find a card in a certain state?

Comment

I've been doing some experimenting (and remembering a little "quirk" that worked with 2.0.1.0 before we got the fix with Ver. 2.0.1.1).

If you use an older version of GC (I've attached the Ver. 2.0.0.6 executable in a ZIP file so I can attach it here), and use that just to select the drive letter of a removable device (or COM port), close Ver 2.0.0.6, then open Ver. 2.0.1.0 (the one with the problem for me), you would see only the drive/COM port selected using Ver. 2.0.0.6.

I don't know if it will work the same on Win2K and Ver. 2.0.1.1, but it might be worth a shot. Once you have a valid drive/COM port selected, the GC remembers the last selected drive letter, so you might not have to go through the bother of loading and reloading the PmmC to get GC to work.
            Attached files GC_V2.0.0.6.zip (191.8 KB)
            Any technology, sufficiently developed, is indistinguishable from magic. A.C. Clark(RIP)

NEW! Lower prices on all 4D Systems products for 2009 and continuing into 2010!
            http://shop.littlepcbsolutions.com

Comment

Didn't work I'm afraid!

Comment

Working...
              X