Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi Example

Hello,
    I was wonder does anyone have for my an Visi Example that a Arduino board send an value to a Oled 160G2 via the serial port and that the value is displayed on the Oled?
    not via Display.putstr("Text") but via an Customdigits1 that is created in workshop 4
    aim stuck hire and I doent know how further....
    please gif my a example: A Arduino skech and an Visi file.

please please please please.

My Project with an "chip45.com" Crumbino 128 chip that compatible is with Arduino.
    It's working with Bascom IDE but now I wil use the Arduino IDE.
    Attached Files

Comment

In conjunction with what James siggested reading here http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...with-a-arduino have a look at this, as it is better suited to Goldelox http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00134/

When you are using it in this way a CustomDigits behaves and responds in pretty much the same way as the Images used.

The main difference is that you will need to use media_VideoFrame() instead of media_Image().

Look at the Goldelox ViSi example Clock and specifically inside the "ledDigitsDisplayGoldelox.inc" file. You will need to rewrite that file, or something similar to it to run inside your arduino.
      Mark

Comment

Sorry but Am lost about controlling an CustomDigits with an Arduino via serial commands.
        Am looking for an small example that I can use how to handle....someone!!!......

Comment

Hi pvdbos,

Ok, a specific example for controlling a custom digits object with an Arduino host via serial (SPE) commands will be coming out soon. But were you able to read the application note suggested by Mark in post #3? Please note that

Serial Arduino Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW
          http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00134/

has a prerequisite, which is

Serial Displaying Images from the uSD Card RAW
          http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00085/

After reading the above app notes and implementing the attached examples, I'm sure that you can go on ahead and create a similar application for custom digit objects. As Mark pointed out, the main difference is that for controlling custom digits objects, you will have to use media_VideoFrame(), instead of media_Image(), which is used for image objects. Otherwise, kindly wait for the example.

And by the way, should you choose to write your own serial comms protocol (and not use the SPE protocol), this codebase example might help you get started:

Designer or ViSi Goldelox Serial Communication
          http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...-communication

But using the SPE application and protocol might be more convenient for you.

Regards.
          Doff

Comment

Hello, Doff.
            thank you for the information.
            Do you know when this Example is published?
            if it does not take to long than I will wait for this example.

I can use the uOled via SPE commands this is working well but it is not posible to drive an Gauge or an analog meter with the normal Arduino commands.

Comment

Hi,

Example files attached. Instructions:

1. Open the ViSi example, build/compile the project. Let Workshop copy the files to the uSD card.
              1.b. This step is optional. Let Workshop download the ViSi program to the display module. The program will access the objects on the uSD card and will show them on the display.
              2. Open a new project in the Serial environment. Download the SPE application to your Goldelox display module. The SPE application will replace the ViSi program in step 1.b (if you performed step 1.b).
              3. Open the Arduino sketch. Compile the code and upload the program to the Arduino host.
              4. Connect the Arduino host to your Goldelox display module. In the attached sketch, a software serial port is used by the host to communicate with the display slave.
              5. The program on the host should now run. The host sends commands to the display module. The SPE application running on the display module interprets these commands and displays the objects accordingly.

This application note should help you with the basics.
              Serial Connection to an Arduino Host
              http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00092/

Hope this helps and regards.
              Attached Files
              Doff

Comment

Doff..
                thanx for your info I can use this example. now I know how to controle the uOled with Arduino.

Comment

I would really like to upload that file but it will not let me

Comment

Are you logged on?

If not log on.

Then, if it still wont let you press refresh in your browser
                    Mark

Comment

Ive logged in (only approved today), refreshed browser (Chrome), cleared Cookies for 4D and also tried logging in through Explorer. Still no luck.

Comment

So which file exactly are you having issues with?

I've tried the attached file to post #7 in both Chrome and IE, no need to clear cookies, but definitely need to refresh (F5) if you have previously tried whilst not logged on.
                        Mark

Comment

Hate to be a pain but its still not working. Yes it is the 7th post from Doff on the 2nd December 2015, 04:19 PM. Logged in this morning and tried to download but the same thing happens such that the browser opens the fetch address with a blank screen and it hangs. Same thing happens after refresh. I have gone to other posts and have been able to download other attachments.

I ended up downloading from a colleague's computer. So must be something wrong my end. Thanks for the support any way.

Comment

Working...
                          X