Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Corruption concern

Hello,

I'm a bit concerded about the possibility to get a SD card corruption.

I'm using Raspbian in a RaspBerry 2.

I have followed some guides to avoid SD corruption by reducing the data wich is written to the SD as explained in several posts like this https://k3a.me/how-to-make-raspberry...-trouble-free/ but I had no success in doing a fully read only SD because of the X11 I use to display data through the display. I have followed some guides but with no result.

Anybody knows how to make a RO SD card?

Anybody has experienced SD corruption problems?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

You are referring to the SD card inside the Raspberry Pi itself, right? Not the microSD card inside the display?

If you are asking about the SD card inside the Raspberry Pi, then you would be better supported to ask on the Raspberry Pi forum, as its their product.

Regards
    James

Comment

Not sure you will find this on the Pi forums, but if you can make an R/O card that doesn't mean you are out of the woods.

Google 'Read Disturb', I'm sure this will be quite possible on any OS that tries to use a uSD (or any flash type memory) as it's primary storage device.

The solution for this is to use an Industrial grade card with 'Read Disturb' protection.
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X