Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Create a Default Radio Button in a Matrix???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Create a Default Radio Button in a Matrix???

Hey Everybody,

I just created a radio button style matrix of Winbuttons with about 5 radio button choices for the end user. I also have a "NEXT" button that is not part of the matrix so that the user can advance to the next form after selecting the appropriate radio button.

I do not want the user to advance UNLESS they have chosen at least one of the radio buttons. As it is now, the user can advance to the next form without selecting a radio button.

The solution may be to have the host microcontroller (PIC24F) control whether or not the user can advance to the next form. My code can poll for the user to press NEXT. If NEXT is depressed without a ReportMessage from at least one of the Winbuttons, the host microcontroller will keep calling a setForm function to the existing form or just not advance the form at all.

Can the host microcontroller send a "press button" command (write to a button) so that one of the radio buttons is pressed by default when that form is initially displayed?

Any thoughts on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    --Neal
    Last edited by geometrix; 11 December 2015, 06:39 AM.
    TIA,

Neal

Hi Neal,

Another way of doing it is to make the host disable the NEXT button when the form is loaded. As soon as a radio button is selected, the host enables the NEXT button. To disable a winbutton, the host controller must write to it the value "0xFFFF". To enable a winbutton, the host controller must write to it a normal value (e.g. 0x0000). To activate this enable-disable feature, click on the "Allow buttons to be disabled" buttton under the Project menu in the Workshop ViSi-Genie environment prior to building your project. This feature is also available for 4d buttons, animated buttons, and user buttons, as mentioned at the bottom part of sections 4.2.1.1, 4.2.1.2, 4.2.1.3 and 4.2.1.4 of the ViSi-Genie Reference Manual.

Hope this helps and Regards.
    Doff

Comment

Dear Doff,

Thank you. That sounds like a good solution to my problem. I will try this out shortly as I am waiting for some PCB's and components to be delivered. The PCB's will allow me to connect the uLCD43PT with the PIC24F host, magnetic card reader, and GSM module. Thanks and I will post the results.

--Neal
      TIA,

Neal

Comment

Working...
      X