Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use a Timer with Raspi Library

Hi,

I was wondering how to call a Timer with the RasPi library. So I have a Timer 0 that has an event "Video0NextFrame".

Now I want to call it with the RasPi library. I do this:

genieWriteObj(GENIE_OBJ_TIMER, 0, 0);

which calls the Timer and plays the video. But I'm wondering what exactly I am doing here. The first 0 is the index which is video0, the 0 says it's data. But what data is it. When I put in random numbers it doesn't seem to change anything.

Accordingly, how to I pause the video?

Hi Baxter,

Before anything else, make sure to set the Timer Event to 'Video0NextFrame' and reduce the transition value to a minimum of 1 ms (depending on the transition delay that is applicable).

You can use the command to start/stop the timer.

genieWriteObj(GENIE_OBJECT_TIMER, INDEX OF THE TIMER OBJECT, 0: FOR STOP/1: TO START);

Use the START (1) data to start the timer object.Each time the timer object reaches the preset time then a new video image frame is displayed.. The timer can also be stopped through transmission of the STOP (0) data. The stop data can be used to pause the transition between frames. Whenever a stop is issued, the frame to be displayed for the next start command will be the succeeding frame of the video.

Comment

Working...
    X