Simple Example for Visi Genie without workshop pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Example for Visi Genie without workshop pro

I'm trying to evaluate this 24PTU module and want to build a simple display. However, whenever I go to load this to the device, I get the device screen saying "Mounting ..."
    I have run the SD-card test program and it says that it mounts just fine.

Is there any simple example for this device that would work without workshop pro to validate that I am using visi Genie properly.

Most of the examples are without workshop pro.

See any of the examples in File, Samples, Picaso ViSi Genie.

There are also many examples in the appnotes http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes that don't need Workshop pro. As far as I'm aware all the appnotes that require 'Pro' have the work Magic in the title.

There are many reasons why 'Mounting...' can continue to display on the screen.
    Have the required files been copied?
    What make and model of card are you using?
    What sample have you tried running?
    Please give a step by step description of how you are loading this sample, it would appear you are missing a step somewhere.
    Mark

Comment

Thank you Mark. I hope its something simple.
      I open the workshop application
      I plug in my card. It shows up as "blue dot" in comms with uLCD24PTU [v4.4] (uSD: .71 GB)
      I select "Samples" on the left toolbar
      I pick Picaso Visi Genie from the List.
      I select the HELP sample from the file browser menu (I've tried a few)
      I run the uSD Tester from the tools menu and do see the green text and it says mount successful
      Then I click build/Load from the home screen (The destination is set to RUN RAM)
      It prompts me for something that I can't see related to drive A (the dialog is not visible on my screen and I can't resize.
      I click (OK) I think and download starts
      The download finishes and the screen flashes for a minute and then goes blank

The download output says "Download To Flash Successful"

Comment

> It prompts me for something that I can't see related to drive A (the dialog is not visible on my screen and I can't resize.
        This is almost certainly the prompt to copy files to the uSD, as per the attached image.
        If you don't do this step you will be stuck with 'mounting...'
        What part of the dialog can't you see (or what can you see)?
        If you have 'scaling' set to more than 100%, please drop it to 100%, it can stuff up all sorts of screens (except Microsoft ones)
        Attached Files
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X