Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4DPI-24-HAT: Display / Backlight going to sleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4DPI-24-HAT: Display / Backlight going to sleep.

Hello,

I am using a 4DPI-24-HAT with a RPI 2. The display appears to work well.

I am using the Pi in console mode and want it to run stand-alone - without keyboard etc. The problem I have is when the pi is left for a few minutes the 4DPI-24-HAT turns off. I suspect just the back-light is turned off to save power - is there a setting in the 4D drivers to leave the display permanently on? Without a keyboard I have no way of waking the display.

Thanks,
    Carl.

Hi,

For the console, you can try setting BLANK_TIME=0 in /etc/kbd/config.

Comment

Thanks,

Forgot to mention I already have BLANK_TIME=0 and POWERDOWN_TIME = 0 in the /etc/kbd/config file. This is how I came to the conclusion it is a setting in 4D's LCD driver package. Currently if I plug in and configure a monitor via HDMI the screen doesn't sleep, whereas the LCD module does.

Thanks - any more help gratefully received.

Comment

Hi,

please try checking if actual setting for screen blanking is correct (should return blank timeout in seconds) :

cat /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank

if the timeout is wrong, here is a good link for setting blanking timeouts: http://superuser.com/questions/15234...nking-behavior

Comment

Thanks,

I checked /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblanking - it showed 600. So I added the following to /etc/rc.local:

# Stop display sleeping
          sudo /usr/bin/setterm -blank 0

Rebooted and rechecked /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblanking - 0 this time.

My display now stays awake!

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
          X