Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using file_Run

Hi

I'm using a uLCD-32PTU screen and programming on the Visi environment. I have multiple appications with different forms which I am switching between using the "file_Run" command.
    In some instances when I am sending an argument list, the program restarts. I have noticed if I send a "0" instead indicating no argument list, its changes to the next app.

Please can you help me rectify this, as I am currently just making the operation work without sending an argument list. It would help immensely if i could send my variable to the next form.

Can you show how you have the argument list set up and how the 'Run' program receives the arguments?
    Mark

Comment

var formchooser[2];
      formchooser[0]:=1;

formchooser[1]:=7;
      file_Run("REINSE~1.4fn",formchooser);

Comment

That looks correct.

Try putting print and pause statements in various places to work out the exact line causing the problem. Also print mem_Heap() to ensure you aren't running out of memory.

If you still can't work it out try creating a small program that demonstrates the issue and post it here, or email it to mark at 4dsystems dot com dot au if it can't be posted
        Mark

Comment

HI Mark

thank you for your help with that issue. I haven't resolved it, but i have made amendments to my code, such that from the main application, it chooses between App 1 or App 2 and runs till it is switched off, without returning to the main application.

Now I am having a RAM issue. The GUI on a form is not displaying.

I have done some testing and reading and found that it is that the 'hndl' does not have enough memory to do the 'file_LoadImageControl" command. Am I correct in making this deduction?

I have used mem_Heap() to check on the Ram status and found it to be mem_Heap: 2344 when the GUI is not loaded
          If i comment out lines of my code, like some background functionality, serial outs and calculations i find that the GUI does load and the RAM drops to mem_Heap:644.

I am Running all the applications from FLASH in project/Destination and using the "#MODE RUNFLASH" command.

can you please confirm that I am indeed on the right track in determining that I am running out of Ram?
          and please provide me with a workable solution if you can.

thank you

Comment

That sure looks like what's going on.

If the handle returned from the open is 0 and the files definitely exist, and/or if the handle is not 0 when you have more heap available before the open that sort of proves that's the issue.

Do you need any help working out where all the RAM has gone?
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X