uUSB-PA5 crashing Windows 8 (and 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uUSB-PA5 crashing Windows 8 (and 10)

So I had to upgrade my PC to Windows 10, previous laptop of 9 years just needed to be put down. That being said, I installed the 4D VisiGenie Environment, then went to install the drivers for the uUSB-PA5.
    First off, the WHQL "Certified" FTDI driver had problems installing normally so I had to do it again in Compatability Mode.
    Once it seemed the driver was installed, I go to plug in the uUSB-PA5 to my normal micro-usb cable...The instant that red LED flashed on the device, I get Microsoft's new blue-screen-of-death and the computer reboots. It did this on both Windows 8.1, which came with the computer, and Windows 10 - to which I upgraded to see if that would help.

Has anyone encountered this same or similar issue? If so, how do I resolve it?

That seems very odd that the driver is not WHQL certified.

Please download and install the correct driver from here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

2.12.12 is the version I have (win 8.1), it is also the version some of us have on Win10, and we have not had any issues.

Not sure exactly why you are having problems.
    Mark

Comment

I downloaded that one, the Windows 2.12.12, the executable version in fact. It is listed as WHQL certified, but for whatever reason, when I plug the uUSB-PA5 in, the computer restarts. I'll a re-install of the driver and if the same thing happens, I'll try to take a quick video so you can see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
      X