I need a developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a developer

I spoke to a support person in 4D Systems Sydney Australia yesterday and he recommended that I post on this forum for assistance.

I am building a center console display for a custom car.

I am looking to have these ( see attached examples ) types of look and feel interfaces. Mainly gradient effects and illumination effects.

I have a developer that works for me on specific projects and he is very familiar with C+ so should be able to work with your code but I would like to talk to a developer that has been trained in your IDE. Is there somewhere I can post an offer for work on the forum or request advice on this.

Do you know a developer I should talk to about this?

Any help you can offer I would appreciate.

Regards,

Gus Bisbal
    s43 3D Designs
    www.facebook.com/K1KitCar
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EXAMPLE 3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	50706

Name:	EXAMPLE 4.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	50704

Name:	EXAMPLE 1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	50705

From the pictures it looks like you are 'dynamically' building complex screens made up from multiple 'inputs'.

I imagine you would be doing this with some quite complex and grunty hardware.

On our displays complex Images are pregenerated and thus each image 'set' generally can only have one 'input'. You can build up multiple images to generate a multiple input display, but the outlining rectangles cannot overlap.

I don't believe the displays can render the complex images you have depicted in real time.
    Mark

Comment

Thank you for the reply Mark.

Its not that I want to do this exactly the way it is done in the images.

The inputs would be from sensors coming from the Arduino shield sets.

If by images you mean each "gauge" widget then I don't think I will need more than one input for each widget. However there will be more than one widget per screen layout.

Is it possible to speak with you about this Mark.

Comment

A display with a Diablo processor can get 1,220,000 pixels to the screen a second, so you cannot have a huge screen and expect to update everything many many times per second.

Taking your last screen the bounding rectangle of the 'speedometer' overlays the temp fuel and battery gauges, so you cannot do a screen this way.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgBz3tN_TE this is a real example that uses some clever tricks (i.e. it is using ViSi, not Genie) to get better performance. Note how things are done in a way so that they do not overlap.

Perhaps you need to use more than one display
        Mark

Comment

Mark,

I think I understand what you're saying.

If I update a metric on one of the widgets on the display does that mean I send just the pixels that have changed; the whole widget or the entire screen during a refresh?

I think I can do what I am describing in a limited way. What I want is more the colour and gradients and the resolution levels. No so much the gauge density, that is not as important.

Gus

Comment

You need to send the whole widget. The overheads of sending individual pixels is far higher than sending the whole widget, as you need to address each pixel before you can send it. When you send the whole widget you send the address of a bounding rectangle, then you can send all the pixels sequentially, without another address being sent.

Note that some people, when using ViSi only send part of the rectangle, as they deign their widget so that part of it is static and never needs refreshing.

Mark

Comment

Mark,

you have been of great help. I still think I can make this work if I simplify how much is on any one screen at one time.

This leads to the next area of investigation. Is there any where I can find out about transitions between screens.

Can they be faded out and faded back with other back grounds? Are animations possible like having a screen minimize to an icon like on an iphone. Can a gauge be faded out while maintaining the same back ground and have another gauge faded back in.

Is there a reference for the types of transitions that are available?

Gus

Comment

There are no 'transition effects', it's just 'replace one with the next'.

So what the 'clever people' do is create a sequence of images that would be the transition effect, if there was such a thing, and display those images to create the transition.
                Mark

Comment

Matt,

I think I can work with that. One final question ( I think )

Does the Workshop IDE come with an emulator so that I can program with out the device plugged in?

Regards,
                  Gus Bisbal

Comment

No it doesn't
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X