• Show
Clear All

• Phrazemaster
    replied
    Thank-you.

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    I never said the uLCD-43DCT was going obsolete.
    We are releasing a new range soon, that is all.
    The new range is no faster or different spec'ed to what you have now, its just a different form factor.
    Target release date I believe is end of March, however we have no fixed date yet as its still under development.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Phrazemaster
    replied
    Oh dear, are you saying I just spent x hundreds on a display that is now obsolete? Would it make sense to return it and wait? Darn.

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    Hi Mike

No we only make 1 type of Bezel for the 4.3". It was targeted at the resistive touch version as that is the most popular.
    The only solution for the DCT is as you have done it.

I guess its on the same page as where you brought the DCT from, because the D, DT and DCT all share the same page...
    http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uLCD_43D/
    This is a common product page for all 3 models...

New capacitive touch models are coming in the next month or so, which do not require bezels. Keep an eye out for the announcement.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Phrazemaster
    replied
    Thank-you James. Are you saying then that you don't make a bezel for this product directly? It's not a big deal really; with the washers I have used it appears to work fine. The bezel I bought was advertised on the same page as the 43DCT that I did purchase; you are correct the data sheet did not state 43DCT - but then why advertise it on the same page with this product? Not being unkind, just practical. It is a bit confusing, although your website clearly has a lot of thought gone into it.

In any case, thank-you for clarifying, and I feel better knowing my solution is probably the only one that will really work in this case.

Thanks by the way for your timely and immediate responses; it's a pleasure interacting with you.

Best,

Mike

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    Hi Mike

The bezel is designed for the uLCD-43PT, or uLCD-43DT (ie, resistive touch). The uLCD-43DCT which you have is a thicker module, its 1mm thicker as you have noticed, and will be able to see on the drawing found in the uLCD-43D series datasheet, which covers the uLCD-43D, uLCD-43DT and uLCD-43DCT displays.
    If you use the bezel for the uLCD-43D (non touch) then it will be opposite, and have a gap between the front of the display and the bezel, compared to what you have with the DCT where there is no gap between the glass and the bezel, but there is a gap between the mounting tabs and the bezel.

There is a mention of this on the bezel product page I believe.

So there is no 'issue', its just you are using a display module which is not strictly designed for the bezel. We don't offer longer screws or washers as we do not advertise it as being compatible. Yes it can be made to work, however the bezel is designed for the 43PT and 43DT, along with the Armadillo-43T and 4DLCD-FT843 displays.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Phrazemaster
    started a topic 43 Bezel Hardware

43 Bezel Hardware

In mounting a 43DCT using the beautiful white bezel kit, I ran across a bit of a problem. The 43DCT screen does not sit flush against the bezel from the back. There is about 1mm of a space between the PCB holes, and the back of the bezel. I could not see a way to get the bezel to sit down any further the make the holes sit flush, as the front of the screen is already flush on the other side.

The kit instructions say to merely add the screws with lock washer and tighten. When I tried I noticed the PCB breakaway holes began to bend a little - if I continued to tighten they would break or be compromised - they are already scored for just this purpose.

I found it necessary to add a small washer in between the PCB holes and the back of the bezel, so proper tightening without risk of losing the break-away PCB holes could be achieved. Otherwise the whole panel could fall off the bezel!

The screws were then too short to be able to use with the lock washer, so I omitted the lock washers (not something I wanted to do).

I recommend looking into this, and specifying a small washer or spacer in between the PCB breakaway holes and the back of the bezel, or the PCB holes can break off during tightening. Additionally, slightly longer screws will be necessary.

I'm certain this may also be an issue with other screens and the bezel, so the bezel hardware kit needs reevaluating.

Pic attached of my implementation.

Best,

Mike
    Attached Files
Working...
X