uLCD-43PT "Have you got an SGC PmmC loaded by mistake?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Would ie be possible to send me a photo of your display connected to the gen4-PA .

Best regards

Paul

Comment

hello paul,

ok paul, belowe i attached a photos of 4d display connected to gen4-PA and also send the photo of FFC cable .
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

As you don't seem to be getting a reset sgnal to the display, I still suspect there is some issue with the FFC cable. Could you please attach a photo that shows the full length of the FFC cable.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello paul,

ok paul. belowe i attached the full length of FFC cable.

as to your help do you have requirement of video then i can make the video and share it to you.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by seggi; 19th March 2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the photo. The FFC cable is the issue. It is the wrong type of FFC, If you compare it with your damaged one you will notice that the end is different eg the contacts are on the other side at the opposite end. like in this photo.

Paul
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello paul ,

as to your words this FFC cable is wrong. paul can you tell me part number or package id of This cable?

Comment

Hi,

This is an example https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/ffc-f...ables/1631717/ They are known as a Type 2.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

after of many days it sounds hear to be nice.i was purchased the same sided of FFC cable that's the reason it was not working.

Thank you so much Paul for giving me some helpful answers to i filtered or figuring out the errors.
                  Thank you Paul

Your Regards,
                  Seggi
                  Last edited by seggi; 23rd March 2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone, I was having this same issue and found something out that I thought may help others as well. I was having the same issues as the people above with a brand new, out-of-the-box module and original (from 4D Sys) FFC cable. After hours of pulling my hair out, I realized the issue was with my USB port on my computer (a Microsoft Surface). Some PCs (like the Surface) have notoriously underpowered USB ports, so what was happening was the PC couldn't deliver enough power to fully reset the module and communicate with it. I connected the module to a powered USB hub and all worked well. Just FYI in case this helps anyone else-- maddening! But all is working now.

Comment

Hello robbok,

Are you working on Arduino module?And communicate with Arduino?

Best Regards,
                      seggi.

Comment

Working...
                      X