X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seggi
    replied
    Hello robbok,

Are you working on Arduino module?And communicate with Arduino?

Best Regards,
    seggi.

Leave a comment:

• robbok
    replied
    Hi everyone, I was having this same issue and found something out that I thought may help others as well. I was having the same issues as the people above with a brand new, out-of-the-box module and original (from 4D Sys) FFC cable. After hours of pulling my hair out, I realized the issue was with my USB port on my computer (a Microsoft Surface). Some PCs (like the Surface) have notoriously underpowered USB ports, so what was happening was the PC couldn't deliver enough power to fully reset the module and communicate with it. I connected the module to a powered USB hub and all worked well. Just FYI in case this helps anyone else-- maddening! But all is working now.

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    Hello Paul,

after of many days it sounds hear to be nice.i was purchased the same sided of FFC cable that's the reason it was not working.

Thank you so much Paul for giving me some helpful answers to i filtered or figuring out the errors.
    Thank you Paul

Your Regards,
    Seggi
    Last edited by seggi; 23 March 2018, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

This is an example https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/ffc-f...ables/1631717/ They are known as a Type 2.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    Hello paul ,

as to your words this FFC cable is wrong. paul can you tell me part number or package id of This cable?

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Thanks for the photo. The FFC cable is the issue. It is the wrong type of FFC, If you compare it with your damaged one you will notice that the end is different eg the contacts are on the other side at the opposite end. like in this photo.

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    Hello paul,

ok paul. belowe i attached the full length of FFC cable.

as to your help do you have requirement of video then i can make the video and share it to you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by seggi; 19 March 2018, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

As you don't seem to be getting a reset sgnal to the display, I still suspect there is some issue with the FFC cable. Could you please attach a photo that shows the full length of the FFC cable.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    hello paul,

ok paul, belowe i attached a photos of 4d display connected to gen4-PA and also send the photo of FFC cable .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Would ie be possible to send me a photo of your display connected to the gen4-PA .

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    hello paul

i think paul communication problem is there because paul communication is not happen.what you think about this?

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    Hello paul,

yes,display it is correctly a powering up. whenever i want to building or compiling the project gen4-PA led was flashing out and dispaly is also showing my old Design.
    i Think Paul it is not a problem of FFC cable because 2 days ago i was changed this cable because old FFC cable was damaged that's the reason it may be not a problem of FFC cable.

yes Paul i was making my old project in it and they working are properly or communication was done it properly not a single problem arise like yet.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

If the display is showing no signs of powering up and the gen4-PA seems to be doing as expected then it is likely that the FFC cable is damaged. Is there any sign of power like the backlight coming on or flashing?

Paul

Leave a comment:

• seggi
    replied
    Before of today it works nicely. accidently what problem will arise i dont know ...

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi,

Is the display powering up correctly ?

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X