Visi Genie Scope object runs slow. Data from Arduino Uno at 115200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi Genie Scope object runs slow. Data from Arduino Uno at 115200

I am evaluating the 3.2 " display and testing the visi genie scope object which would be used to display a real-time air pressure graph from a lab instrument. It seems the maximum update rate on the graph is very slow, even at a high serial baud rate. I was wondering if there is a value I can change to increase that trace drawing speed of the scope object. Also curious if this object might update and run faster on one of the displays with a Diablo processor?
    Attached Files

It will be faster on Diablo.

Of course since you seem to think it is 'very slow' I wonder if your expectations are too high, what were you hoping for?
    Mark

Comment

The trace speed from my test code looks like it is running a little faster than one full trace cycle (low-high-low) per second. This is almost fast enough to display my process in real time. If the Diablo display runs this trace twice this speed that would work well for me. This display is the uLCD-32PTU.

Comment

The speed of the scope is very much dependant of the data points and their 'closeness'.

It's a bit hard to say how much faster Diablo would actually be, but it certainly wouldn't be twice as fast. Somewhere between 10 and 20% I would think reasonable.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X