Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grobi
    replied

Ive done everything as written in the datasheet. I used a brand-new Raspian Image and installed the kernel. And ive changed the config.txt to kernel_hat.

When i try to boot the Zero with the Display plugged in, all it shows is a white screen. When i try too boot the Zero with an HDMI-Device, i can see, that it starts booting, but after a few seconds it stops, shwoing a black screen with a blinking cursor in the uper left corner.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Grobi
    Last edited by Grobi; 23 May 2016, 12:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nirajkrg
    replied
    Hi James,

Thanks a lot! Yeah, changing the kernel7 to kernel works. Now I am able to boot it on this screen. I am using the raspi 0 because of the size limitation of the project. Thanks again for the prompt response.

Best Regards,
    Niraj

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    Hi again

This was just tested my my colleague and it boots fine with the Pi Zero, once the Kernel is changed to the kernel_hat one, rather than the default kernel7_hat one (which is for the Pi2)

Regards

Leave a comment:

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    Hello nirajkrg

Welcome to the forum.

The Pi Zero is like the Pi 1's, so you need to change which kernel gets booted in the /boot/config.txt file (as per the datasheets instructions).
    I assume you have the Zero's 2nd I2C channel hooked up so it reads the EEPROM on the HAT like the Pi's normally would. If not, then you also need to force it to boot the 24-HAT overlay in the same file.
    Did you do this, or do you have it still booting the same kernel as the Pi2?

As far as we are aware, the Pi Zero is no different than a Pi 1. Why are you trying to put a HAT on a Zero anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to mount it on a Pi board which is plug-in compatible with a HAT module?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• nirajkrg
    started a topic 4DPi-24-HAT and Raspberry Pi Zero

4DPi-24-HAT and Raspberry Pi Zero

Hi Everyone, I have been trying to use the 4DPi-24-HAT with the raspberry pi zero from last several hours. I am not sure if it is compatible with the zero. I followed all the instructions on the display datasheet (most recent datasheet 10th March 2016). It is possible to boot on the raspberry pi 2 B model, however, it does not boot on the zero.

Does anyone have any suggestion on doing this? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks!!
Working...
X