Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-70DT-AR and USB-PA5

Hello,

Ok, I bought a uLCD-70DT-AR kit from Mouser (http://br.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SK-70DT-ARvirtualkey57790000virtualkey971-SK-70DT-AR) that came with the USB-PA5 adapter, the problem is that everyway I tried to install the driver on Windows 10 Pro, it simply fail in detecting the screen, or even the COM Port.

I already tried to use Windows update, already tried mannually follow the FTDI instructions, already got alot of drivers packages, none seen to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.png
Views:	14
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	51584

Hello Arank

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Can you check if the PA5 you have is in fact the uUSB-PA5, or if it is the uUSB-PA5-II
    One has an FTDI chip on it, one has a Silicon Labs chip on it, so therefore will use different drivers.

Details and both lots of drivers are here: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uUSB-PA5/

I use Windows 10 x64 Pro and have done since it was released, along with a number of our other staff members, and we have no issues with drivers etc, so this is definitely solvable.

If you dont have the right driver installed, then the PA5 will not work, which will mean the screen wont be detected etc. So this is purely to do with the PA5 and the driver, nothing to do with the screen at this point, or WS4.

What is showing in Device Manager I cannot read or translate unfortunately.

Regards
    James

Comment

Originally posted by James_4DSystems View Post
      Hello Arank

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Can you check if the PA5 you have is in fact the uUSB-PA5, or if it is the uUSB-PA5-II
      One has an FTDI chip on it, one has a Silicon Labs chip on it, so therefore will use different drivers.

Details and both lots of drivers are here: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uUSB-PA5/

I use Windows 10 x64 Pro and have done since it was released, along with a number of our other staff members, and we have no issues with drivers etc, so this is definitely solvable.

If you dont have the right driver installed, then the PA5 will not work, which will mean the screen wont be detected etc. So this is purely to do with the PA5 and the driver, nothing to do with the screen at this point, or WS4.

What is showing in Device Manager I cannot read or translate unfortunately.

Regards

Hello, thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry, for not beeing specific mine is the second version uUSB-PA5-II.
      Which drivers should I use then? I just deleted all the drivers I tried to install before to start again from a "clean state".

Indeed its a driver problem, because I connected the screen tru the arduino shield and and the usb on the H2 (just to power) and it turned on normally, but it's not beeing recognized by the computer, I tried 2 different PC's too, same on both. The screen blink 3 or 4 times then stops.

I forgot that my Windows installation are in Portuguese-BR, the info on the Devide Manager is saying: Unknow USB Device (failure requesting device description).
      And when I plug it, appears one pop-up saying: The last connected USB device couldn't be recognized or it's malfunctioning.

Comment

Hello again,

Like I mentioned, you need to use the Driver for the PA5-II which is on the product page I linked.
        Go to the download section, and you will see a driver download for the PA5-II.
        It links you here: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/P...CPDrivers.aspx
        Then since you are using Windows 10, you will want to download this: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Docu...ws_Drivers.zip

Hope that helps

Regards
        James

Comment

Hello again,

Like I mentioned, you need to use the Driver for the PA5-II which is on the product page I linked.
          Go to the download section, and you will see a driver download for the PA5-II.
          It links you here: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/P...CPDrivers.aspx
          Then since you are using Windows 10, you will want to download this: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Docu...ws_Drivers.zip

Hope that helps

Regards

Ok, I had already did that, and tried it again from scrap.
          Nothing, it still don't recognize.
          Last edited by Arank; 23rd March 2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

So with your PA5-II plugged into your computer, open device manager.
            Extract the Zip file of the drivers to a folder on your PC somewhere.
            Go to Device Manager, and open the device which is causing problems, and force it to look for the driver in the folder, but Updating Driver, and Browsing to that folder.
            Its a little strange how you have it listed under the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers', as it should be coming up under Ports (Com & LPT), but maybe it will do that after its loaded the driver.

Regards
            James

Comment

So with your PA5-II plugged into your computer, open device manager.
              Extract the Zip file of the drivers to a folder on your PC somewhere.
              Go to Device Manager, and open the device which is causing problems, and force it to look for the driver in the folder, but Updating Driver, and Browsing to that folder.
              Its a little strange how you have it listed under the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers', as it should be coming up under Ports (Com & LPT), but maybe it will do that after its loaded the driver.

Regards

Already tried that too, it says that the best driver is already installed.
              Tried to point it directly to the slavvcp.inf file too, but it says that "the folder specified doesn't contain a driver compatible with my device, if the folder contains a drive, it was not supposed to work within Windows x64 systems".

It's not appearing on the Port COM & LPT yet, but I think it will only appear there once the correcet drive are installed, the same happened when I started to use Arduino's (before installing the drivers).

Comment

I changed my system language to english, just to show you the messages..

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	55
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	51600 Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	12
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	51599
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is an error code that shows on properties.

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	12
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	51604
                  Attached Files

Comment

hmm, that doesn't look right at all does it.

Have a read of this and see if it helps.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...or=-2147217396

Report back please
                    James

Comment

hmm, that doesn't look right at all does it.

Have a read of this and see if it helps.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...or=-2147217396

Report back please

That link does not apply to Windows 10.

Comment

Sure, but it’s all based on the same thing. Windows 10 didn’t just rewrite everything MS is based on.

Uninstall the driver associated with that device in device manager, unplug it, restart your PC, plug it back in again and try and load the driver again.

If that doesn’t work, then potentially the PA5-II you have is somehow faulty, but I am yet to see one be faulty, as far as I can remember.

Do you have another PC you can just try it on, to prove if its hardware or just your PC?

If you do, and it doesn’t work on another PC, then you will need to apply for an RMA and get it replaced.

Regards
                        James

Comment

Sure, but it’s all based on the same thing. Windows 10 didn’t just rewrite everything MS is based on.

Uninstall the driver associated with that device in device manager, unplug it, restart your PC, plug it back in again and try and load the driver again.

If that doesn’t work, then potentially the PA5-II you have is somehow faulty, but I am yet to see one be faulty, as far as I can remember.

Do you have another PC you can just try it on, to prove if its hardware or just your PC?

If you do, and it doesn’t work on another PC, then you will need to apply for an RMA and get it replaced.

Regards

Well, as I already said I already tried that procedure at least 2 times on 2 diferent computers, none worked.

I got this from Mouser during a trip to EUA last week, I got home yesterday and now you are saying that I should apply for a RMA and wait months until this ships to Brazil??? Are you fucking kidding me?? I spent at least 3 times the price of a normal LCD Screen for this bullshit, and now what? It can`t even been recognized by Windows?

You can`t be serious...

Comment

try a different usb port, may not supply enough power, if your screen constantly resets while plugged in your port is underpowered. you can also use a powered hub before going to pc to help

Comment

• James_4DSystems
                              James_4DSystems commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hes not even at the point of connecting the module, Windows isn't loading the driver for the PA5 itself.

That said, Arank, are you connecting the PA5 by itself to the PC or are you trying to install the driver with the display connected to the PA5 too ?

• Arank
                              Arank commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I tried both, firstly with the display already connected, and then without the display, just with the usb, none worked.

Well don't yell at the messenger who is trying to help you, but what would you like me to do?
                            If the hardware is faulty, you need to get it replaced. The process is the RMA process, which would be via Mouser - yes.

I am trying to help you... I cant work miracles and somehow make your hardware work if it is itself faulty.

I understand your upset about it, but yelling at me isn't going to solve anything.
                            As I said, its nothing to do with the display module, its the programming adaptor which appears to be faulty, given the feedback you have provided.

I can talk to our sales team and see if there is some way to get a replacement sent directly to you, instead of going through RMA for the programming adaptor. Leave it with me.
                            James

Comment

Working...
                            X