No announcement yet.

Help a beginner jin a simple project please :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be a file in the .zip with the same name in your project folder, just replace the file in the project folder
    Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,
      i could not find it in the samples folder to replace it.
      This file has "D" sign on it and can be open with Designer.
      So i opened it in Designer,i copied all code , i closed it, i opened in vidi the user image sample ,i deleted all code and paste the one you send and now it works fine!
      I am able to play images in the screen!
      Thank you!

Comment

Pure Designer code only has the 'D' file, it's contents being the 4DGL source.

ViSi code has a 'D' file (still being the 4DGL source), and a 'V' file (being the Visual object definitions), amongst other files
        Mark

Comment

Hello again Mark, i am sucsessfully playing "slide show" my images

But i dont like the transition between the images .
          It looks that each next picture start appearing on top of the existing from one side to the screen until the other.

So i would like to make a movie with the images i want to play and so i decide the transition and the time change and any effects ..

I have successfully load the movie sample. But includes buttons .How this buttons can be removed
          Is there a ready code maybe i can copy where a movie is just play in a loop (again and again) when screen is powered up ?

Thank you Mark!

Comment

We are talking about a single chip graphics solution, there is not the power nor the RAM to do any transition other than the one you see.

The easiest way to go from UserImages to Video, is you start with the user images program.

Delete he userImages object (select it by clicking on it and press Del)

Save as 'new name' to make a copy of it.

Add a Video object.

Now change line 22 from
            Code:
                var private image := iUserImages1;    // slideshow location in the .GCI
            to
            Code:
                var private image := iVideo1;    // slideshow location in the .GCI
            That should be it.
            Mark

Comment

Mark..you are gooood !
              I have followed your instructions and now i am playing a video while powering the screen! (slow playback but i dont mind )
              Thank you

But i can not change to landscape so the video will fit the screen.
              I do change screen orientation and format to start fresh ,but it doesn't seem to make any deference in orientation ..

what i do wrong?…..i try to attach the zip file with the code but after 10 minutes this page still says "working" so i stop trying

Thank you
              Kind Regards
              George

Comment

…also now i have this event taking place on the screen (the video playing) can i can add a new event like a showing a photo?
                I must click to create a new form?
                I would like when powering up to start with a photo once as welcoming and then playing the video forever …
                Thank you in advance Mark!
                George

Comment

As well as changing in your project settings, you need to add a line to the start of the code, just after 'func main()'
                  Code:
                      gfx_ScreenMode(LANDSCAPE) ; // change manually if orientation change
                  To add a start image just add it as an object, and use 'paste code' after the 'file_LoadImageControl()'

Then place a 'pause(x) ;' after that, where x is the milliseconds delay you want the image to show for.
                  Mark

Comment

Mark it worked ! This forum with you with your excelent after sales service suport makes 4D products the best choise ! That will higly recoment to everybody i know!
                    I have two more questions today... first i didnt realise that only the start kit version screen comes with micro sd.
                    Now i must go find some micro sd cards for all the rest of the screens. I made some calles and the smalest i can get is 8gb class 4.
                    Do i just format it and use it like i do with the 4gb one that came with the screen?Does it matter its 8gb?Do i need higher class than 4?..maybe class will make deference on the video playback speed?

Regarding the progress of my project i prepaired the videos i would like to play in this screens today.They are all .wmv type.
                    But i get this message when i select them "Very short videos such as this are not suitable for processing by DirectShow due to the vaguaries of processing frame based shorts in a video style.please convert your file to anumated Gif to process it properly"
                    Any advices are wellcome.
                    Thank you
                    George

Comment

Mark it worked ! This forum with you with your excelent after sales service suport makes 4D products the best choise ! That will higly recoment to everybody i know!
                      I have two more questions today... first i didnt realise that only the start kit version screen comes with micro sd.
                      Now i must go find some micro sd cards for all the rest of the screens. I made some calles and the smalest i can get is 8gb class 4.
                      Do i just format it and use it like i do with the 4gb one that came with the screen?Does it matter its 8gb?Do i need higher class than 4?..maybe class will make deference on the video playback speed?

Regarding the progress of my project i prepaired the videos i would like to play in this screens today.They are all .wmv type.
                      But i get this message when i select them "Very short videos such as this are not suitable for processing by DirectShow due to the vaguaries of processing frame based shorts in a video style.please convert your file to anumated Gif to process it properly"
                      Any advices are wellcome.
                      Thank you
                      George

Comment

The class of a uSD card is only applicable in SD mode, we use the cards in SPI mode, so the speed hardly changes with the class.

To use an 8GB card use the RMPET tool to partition it into two 4GB drives and format that as FAT, see http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00042/

If you can, do as the message suggests.

Directshow 'assumes' that it is rendering a video and so, can, in some circumstances drop frames. When you have created a slideshow this means some can end up missing. If you notice that, just try duplicating the missing frames and then they should appear in the slideshow.
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
                          As well as changing in your project settings, you need to add a line to the start of the code, just after 'func main()'
                          Code:
                           gfx_ScreenMode(LANDSCAPE) ; // change manually if orientation change
                          To add a start image just add it as an object, and use 'paste code' after the 'file_LoadImageControl()'
                          Then place a 'pause(x) ;' after that, where x is the milliseconds delay you want the image to show for.

Hello Mark,
                          today i spent the day working my videos to gif..finaly now i have them ready ,so now i am back to the screen setop

I have copy/paste your code regarding the orientation..but no lukc.I added the two // in the start to look like the rest lines after 'func main()' but again no change.
                          Any ideas?

Also regarding the starting image, how i add the object? By adding a new form and i add the image object in form 2 ?
                          I tried that and can get it to play
                          Could i add and a starting sound?...but i see the sound object widget only in visi-genie... not in visi that i work

I am getting close and i hope to have this screens ready in the next day
                          Thank you
                          George

Comment

Use file, zip project. The look in the zip (in the .imgdata folder) and delete and huge files to make the zip a couple of MB or less. Than attach it here. Please include your .wav file

You only need one form, you just add the image, the same as the video, you will need to play with the size a bit to be able to add it to the 'backgound', then just make everything full screen size again, i.e. they end up on top of each other, both full screen in size.

You use file_PlayWav as mentioned earlier, there is no object needed for that in ViSi as it is just a command.
                            Mark

Comment

Hello Mark, I'm going to get that attached for you here thank you!
                              Do you think instead of a start image is possible to add starting gif? and with sound that they would play only once while powering up,and then the second gif would play for ever?

Regarding the sound you wrote to me "To play a sound file use file_PlayWAV("fname1.wav"); just before loading the image control"
                              ..sorry i dont know where is image control …can you explain where i paste this?
                              THANK YOU!

Comment

Line 58 on the source I'm looking at, might be different on whatever you have now
                                Code:
                                    hndl := file_LoadImageControl("USERIM~1.dat", "USERIM~1.gci", 1);
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X