uLCD43PT-AR's serial port not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>> "comm port not currently available"

That means something else is taking the port and Workshop is not able to get to it.

Does the light on the PA5 flicker continuously, even when Workshop is shut down?

Find out what that other app is and shut it down. (could be a mobile phone app, maybe)

There's no point in sending the display back at this point, as the problem could be elsewhere, or might even be repairable by yourself, not to mention the time that could be 'wasted' sending it back to find there is nothing wrong with it. Please do what I ask of you.
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by tonton81 View Post
      check device manager to see if it shows up as a com port before you start blaming the application, also the uUSB-PA5 must be connected to lcd BEFORE you plug the USB CABLE into your PC, or else it wont work.
      Sorry Tonton81, that is not a correct fact at all.

ngeras, please connect up your display and your PA5 etc as you are trying to program it via Workshop4, and take a photo and submit it here. I assume you are not connecting it via your Arduino and Arduino Adaptor shield or anything like that, as that will certainly not work.

A new PmmC on an older WS4 will not prevent it working either. There will be something fundamentally wrong with your connections I would imagine, so please take a photo showing your setup and we can go from there.

Also please confirm you are using a uUSB-PA5 and not a uUSB-PA5-II, as they use totally different drivers. I assume you have download the right one from our website, from the uUSB-PA5 product page?

Regards
      James

Comment

I have some news. I have a laptop with windows vista and a Pc with windows 7. I installed the uUSB-PA5 drivers that uses FTDI FT232RQ USB to Serial Bridge IC from FTDI Chip to both of them. When I connect uUSB-PA5 to vista after 20 seconds VISTA restart. When I connect the the uUSB-PA5 to windows 7 it does not restart. I saw the red light to work all the the time without the 4d workshop ide to be open so an application was using in windows 7 the port so I unistalled the application. Now the red light of uUSB-PA5 lights only when 4d workshop send the commands. But it says that
        Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

But it says that "Device not responding" in 4d workshop
          Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I put as boudrate 9600 and I tested it to 57600 but nothing.
            Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

[COLOR=#1F497D][FONT=&quot]I suspect something that happened in Vista when I download the Pmmc uLCD-43PT-R44 to the display. At this time the uUSB-PA5 was recognized without restarting of vista and the display was recognized with uLCD-43PT-R36. After that I saw the display uLCD-43PT-AR to reboot. I download the program to the screen , the 4d workshop saved the files to the sd card I inserted it to the uLCD-43PT-AR display and I disconnect the display from uUSB-PA5 and connected it to arduino. I saw the screen to not work with arduino and the graphics keyboard 1 to put a red X to the place where the keyboard was.
              Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

[COLOR=#1F497D][FONT=&quot]So at the moment I everything works perfect with the other same display that I have but not with the display that I

Comment

never used before.

Comment

So now i work in Windows 7 until i fix the problem with drivers to Vista and uUSB-PA5. Is there a way to Reset the display without using its Serial port and download the pmmc 36 that i had before thru a Sd card? When i work with Pmmc loader it finds the com sends the commands to uUSB-PA5 i see the Red light on it but after that it send a message "Unexpected response from display- 0"
                    Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

No, you need to download the PmmC using Windows, but if you can download programs now, you can download PmmCs the same way.

It sounds like you are programming in Genie, the first form should show even if there is no Arduino attached.

What make and model of uSD card are you using? If it's Transcend you should try another brand
                      Mark

Comment

Mark the same sd i use on both same displays ( SanDisk 4GB partitioned as described to 2 GB) and the other display Works fine in Serial downloading and programming and Communication with pc and arduino. There is no Serial Communication in the other display.So i can't download anything. Is there a way to fix this?
                        Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

When i work with Pmmc loader it finds the com sends the commands to uUSB-PA5 i see the Red light on it but after that it send a message "Unexpected response from display- 0"

Comment

is there a way thru SD card to reset the screen to factory defaults? PLEASE HELP

Comment

I am trying to help you, but you never do anything I ask and just, appear to try things in random. You are very unlikely to make any true progress this way. you need to have a structured approach and document everything clearly so we can work out just what is going on. Much of what you say contradicts other things you say and that makes it impossible to identify just what is going on.

You appear to have a Windows 7 computer that works with the PA5 and the display. Connect them up and leave them connected.
                              Start workshop, open your project and go to the comms tab, what information is displayed there?
                              What is displayed on the display?
                              Click on the traffic light and watch the display, what happens to it?
                              Now what is displayed in the comms tab?
                              Post your results and don't play with anything.
                              Mark

Comment

Please see th attached pdf file it has photos on it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X