• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James_4DSystems
    replied
    www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes

Have a read.

Glad you got your module programming, however it still makes no sense as to what you have changed to make it work now.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    I try it again by disconnecting the USB from uUSB-PA5 and inserting the SD card to the display and IT WORKED. I HAVE COMMUNICATION BLUE LIGHT TO 4D WORKSHOP AND I DOWNLOADED THE PMMC 3.6 VERSION. EVERYTHING WORKS. THANK YOU MARK. can you send me a details on how to connect the reset pin from display to Arduino and what code should i put there? Why the reset pin is nesessary for Arduino? THANK YOU MARK for the HELP.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    I think you said you have 2 PA5s, does it do that with both of them?

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    I connected the 5 pin cable to both uUSB-PA5 and uLCD43PT-AR with the reset pin there but stil the same thing as in pdf that i send.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    So, can you explain WHY you would connect a 5 pin plug to a 5 pin socket and only connect 4 of the pins?

Connect the 5 pins using the supplied 5 wire lead and I think you will find it will work just fine from workshop and the PmmC loader.

Reset is required to program the modules, that is why it is on the plug!

It's also there for your Arduino connection, you need it there as well.

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    At the display it says: " Drive not mounted" and this is correct because i didn't put any SD card.

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    Please see th attached pdf file it has photos on it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    I am trying to help you, but you never do anything I ask and just, appear to try things in random. You are very unlikely to make any true progress this way. you need to have a structured approach and document everything clearly so we can work out just what is going on. Much of what you say contradicts other things you say and that makes it impossible to identify just what is going on.

You appear to have a Windows 7 computer that works with the PA5 and the display. Connect them up and leave them connected.
    Start workshop, open your project and go to the comms tab, what information is displayed there?
    What is displayed on the display?
    Click on the traffic light and watch the display, what happens to it?
    Now what is displayed in the comms tab?
    Post your results and don't play with anything.

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    is there a way thru SD card to reset the screen to factory defaults? PLEASE HELP

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    When i work with Pmmc loader it finds the com sends the commands to uUSB-PA5 i see the Red light on it but after that it send a message "Unexpected response from display- 0"

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    Mark the same sd i use on both same displays ( SanDisk 4GB partitioned as described to 2 GB) and the other display Works fine in Serial downloading and programming and Communication with pc and arduino. There is no Serial Communication in the other display.So i can't download anything. Is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    No, you need to download the PmmC using Windows, but if you can download programs now, you can download PmmCs the same way.

It sounds like you are programming in Genie, the first form should show even if there is no Arduino attached.

What make and model of uSD card are you using? If it's Transcend you should try another brand

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    So now i work in Windows 7 until i fix the problem with drivers to Vista and uUSB-PA5. Is there a way to Reset the display without using its Serial port and download the pmmc 36 that i had before thru a Sd card? When i work with Pmmc loader it finds the com sends the commands to uUSB-PA5 i see the Red light on it but after that it send a message "Unexpected response from display- 0"
    Last edited by ngeras; 18th May 2016, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    never used before.

Leave a comment:

• ngeras
    replied
    [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT=&quot]So at the moment I everything works perfect with the other same display that I have but not with the display that I

Leave a comment:

Working...
X