microSD extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microSD extension

Anyone tested these for ease of programability in a recessed install without dismounting the LCD whenever an update is needed?

http://www.dx.com/p/tf-card-flex-ext...0#.V0zImYzJkik

I just ordered 3 pieces, I will let you know how they turn out whenever they get here

Comment

I ordered 3 of these:

They don't seem to work with the 4D Displays I've tested, however, I ordered these next:

This has been tested to be working so far. I am currently ordering the longer version (16 cm) from the same supplier because 9 is just a tad too short. Hopefully it works just as well.

Comment

Do you have a link to that supplier?

In reality it's quite possible for none of these sorts of things to work.

The protocol is already pushing the limits for even a few cm of circuit board and the drivers and timings at each end are such that even the slightest change in physical layout can stop it working.

We are only using SPI mode for transfer. SD mode has had several protocol changes that are obviously primarily about handling data transfer better. The latest one, UHS, even allows for 'tuning' of where to look for the data information during the clocking period.
        Mark

Comment

This is the exact link of the 9cm i bought

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/Sintech-Micro-S...=1809940738012

Comment

I'm using a similar one (about 10cm) but going from uSD to SD. It's been working well. While mine came through Amazon from a US, stateside distributor (and cost more but delivered very quickly), It looks very much like this (from the same source as the link above):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-SD-TF-...EAAOSwYIxX32To

My SD receptacle is a little different with a cage that encloses more of the SD card, but the FPC seems about the same.

Hunter

Comment

16 cm microsd extension is working fine bench testing on ulcd-43pt

Comment

Originally posted by tonton81 View Post
                I ordered 3 of these:

They don't seem to work with the 4D Displays I've tested, however, I ordered these next:

This has been tested to be working so far. I am currently ordering the longer version (16 cm) from the same supplier because 9 is just a tad too short. Hopefully it works just as well.
                Had the same issue with the black one you have an image of. Writes fine but when in 4D garbled screen.

Have you come across a micro SD to micro SD extension like the one you have above but with the clickable insert and not the the sliding holder. Need to panel mount it and have it accessible for testing.

Comment

the black one will work if you open the black cover and cut/break the resistor on the pcb

Comment

Originally posted by tonton81 View Post
                    the black one will work if you open the black cover and cut/break the resistor on the pcb
                    Thanks !!.. By co-incidence I found the other thread with the fix..

Comment

Working...
                    X