Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPsupport
    replied
    The strings object does that, in a way, when you create predefined strings. Have a look at the .txf file and the PrintDiskUnicode() routine.

The .txf file is not quite the same as can be read by windows.

Windows, and other OSes, need to be told the format the file is in so it knows how to interpret the contents. This is because there are several ways to put unicode characters in a text file.

Workshop uses pure unicode as it is easiest to get the nth character from, and other things.

To tell windows to use the same format as Workshop uses you need to insert 0xFEFF at the start of the file, then each character needs to take up two bytes at a time. If you were saving a notepad this way to would select Encoding as UNICODE.

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    I got it right and it's showing all the characters, I just want to find out how can I use that and print it to a .txt file?

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    Mine isn't showing the buttons or the strings, I think it's maybe the type of screen I'm using.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Are the characters in the same font as in Workshop?

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Check that the files copied to the uSD are the same as in the file_LoadImagecontrol() statement, i.e "STRING~1.da2" and "STRING~1.gc2"

Also, when the 10 seconds has elapsed, if you push the down button you should get Japanese characters on the first press and cryllic script on the second.

Do you get that?

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    Please see attached file

Jacques
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Use file, zip project and attach what you have here

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    Found it and pasted the code like instructed, still only shows when I add a hex value from the Ascii but no special characters.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    It inside workshop, File, Samples, Picaso ViSi, Strings Demo.

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    I think I have the wrong sample, I only have 28 lines, can you please send me the link to the sample you mentioned?

Jacques

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Open the sample I mentioned and put the code below starting at about line 95, compile load and run

Code:
        txt_FontID(hFont2) ;    // font2 is unicode
        putch(0xE6) ;
        pause(10000) ;

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    putch() only works with characters that's already in the Ascii table

Jacques

Leave a comment:

• JacquesJJ
    commented on 's reply
    I tried using putch(0xe6) and it's still not showing anything

• ESPsupport
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like the forum doesn't like 'special' characters, I have retyped it without any

• JacquesJJ
    replied
    It stops at eg the code for...

Jacques

Leave a comment:

Working...
X