uCAM-II Force JPEG Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uCAM-II Force JPEG Compression

Hi, I've got a uCAM-II that I've gotten up and running just fine, but what I've noticed is each picture returned seems to have a different level of JPEG compression. A picture of a scene sometimes will look great and result in an ~35kB image, but other times the same scene will produce a chunky ~22kB image. Is there any command to force the compression level of the JPEG to be constant?

The level of compression is controlled by the amount of internal memory in the camera.

In the current camera this is 32KB. If the image is larger then it drops the quality to fit it into 32KB. It tends to only happen on fairly detailed images.

The next generation camera will have more memory to alleviate this situation.
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Do you have any estimated timeline of when you expect your next generation cameras to come to market? Thanks,

Derek.

Comment

Hi Derek,

We are just organising these at present. Once I have a lead time I will let you know. Please drop me an email, james at 4dsystems dot com dot au, and we can discuss further and bring in Sales to give more accurate LT's and Pricing etc.

Regards
        James

Comment

Working...
        X