Device not recognized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device not recognized?

I'm running GC 2.0.1.1 connected to an uOLED-32018-PDM3T. In the device menu , Load Options, Com Port/ Drive I've selected COM3 the USB/COM port that the device is attached to. But when I try the device info function the info dialog box comes up with the message looking for device which then goes away without updating the device information....

If I try to download images to the SD card the looking for device dialog appears, the progress bars don't change, and then I get the unable to detect device message.

I checked and the .NET run times are installed. I can download code through COM3 using the 4DGL workshop. I've download a program the tests for the presense of the uSD and prints a message and it works as expected. So the system seems to detect the uSD card OK.

what else can I check?

If you have the 4DGL PmmC loaded on the uOLED-3202x-PMD3 display, the Graphics Composer will not recognize the display for direct serial download of images/video. The Graphics Composer is only able to recognize and access displays with a serial platform PmmC loaded. For 4DGL displays, you must use a card reader attached to your PC to download images directly to the uSD card, then insert the uSD card in the display for playback of the images.

Also, for 4DGL displays, you would want to choose Load Options:Write Command Block:No and Image Format:Image and Pixel Data (V2). 4DGL code must be written to display the images/videos stored on the uSD card (see the .txt file created by the Graphics Composer image files locations).

Changes coming soon to the 4DGL platform and the Graphics Composer software will greatly simplify this process. The FAT16 file system will allow named files to be loaded directly to the uSD card by the Graphics Composer and then selected by name using the file system access commands in 4DGL for playback/display.

Steve
    Any technology, sufficiently developed, is indistinguishable from magic. A.C. Clark(RIP)

NEW! Lower prices on all 4D Systems products for 2009 and continuing into 2010!
    http://shop.littlepcbsolutions.com

Comment

i try to load the images to the uSD card but the GC say cant detect device. but if i select a deferent drive (disc on key) it is loading it.

how can i load the uSD in a different way?

Comment

Only serial platform displays are recognized directly by the Graphics Composer. When using 4DGL displays, you must use a card reader attached to the PC and point the GC to the drive letter. If you're using the new FAT16 file system, set the GC to output .cgi and .dat files and copy the files created by the GC to the uSD card.

Steve
        Any technology, sufficiently developed, is indistinguishable from magic. A.C. Clark(RIP)

NEW! Lower prices on all 4D Systems products for 2009 and continuing into 2010!
        http://shop.littlepcbsolutions.com

Comment

Working...
        X