Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Wight
    replied
    I just reviewed our stock. We have 26 cameras purchased over 5 orders from Digi-key and Mouser and all the cameras have the resistor populated. We'll add an incoming inspection to check for this resistor and remove it if necessary for now. Thanks for your help Mark.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    It changes the way the chip is clocked.

Err, the resistor is not supposed to be installed, it isn't on my camera.

For some reason it seems some cameras were accidentally manufactured with it installed

Leave a comment:

• Derek Wight
    replied
    Thank you Mark. I have tested it on our two most most problematic units and it proved successful. I ran at 115k for over an hour without any issues, and around 30 minutes at 3Mb. Could you tell me what this is changing on the camera? Also, are there any plans on your side to make this change permanent or is it possible to order this camera with this resistor unpopulated for volume purchasing? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Can you find and remove R11? It's on the PCB to the right of the 5 pin connector.

Let me know how you get on

Leave a comment:

• Derek Wight
    started a topic uCAM-ii Thermal Problem?

uCAM-ii Thermal Problem?

I am attempting to use a uCAM-ii to constantly stream images. I have created a custom UART in an FPGA such that I can run at the full 3Mb rate (with less than 0.1% baud rate error) and use DMA to shuffle all the data into memory to minimize delays. I have purchased a number of the cameras and after several minutes of operation, I start to see image corruption. There appears to be a string of pixels that appear to be corrupt (of varying length) followed by a loss of 8 pixels. The result is that the remainder of the image is shifted. If another corruption occurs, there will be another left shift of 8 pixels. The longer the camera is in operation, the worse the image corruption becomes. I thought that there might be some issue with my custom UART, so I repeated the same experiment with a hardware UART running at 115kb, but the same corruption eventually occurs. I also tried shortening the cable length from 18" down to about 3", but same issue. I eventually discovered that if I pointed a small, but powerful, fan at the camera while running, the number of corruptions per image would graduate diminish until I would get stable and uncorrupted images again. I was able to do this repeatedly, thus leading to my conclusion that the issue is thermal.

So far I have two cameras that exhibit the behavior within 5 minutes of operation, one camera that can go for about 10 minutes, and one that appears to be able to run indefinitely without issues. I have more cameras that I will test tomorrow to improve my sample size, but are there any known issues with continually streaming images? Thanks!
Working...
X