uLCD-70DT with raspberry pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-70DT with raspberry pi

Hi, I have a uLCD-70DT, not uLCD-70DT-PI. Does anyone know if the original uLCD-70DT will work with the Pi without getting the Pi version?

Hello

The -PI 'version' is not anything different, it is just the uLCD-70DT in a kit. So its the same display module, just bundled with the 4D Pi Serial Adaptor.
    Please have a look on the product page and see what is included in the kit.
    So yes, the uLCD-70DT will work fine, it just doesnt have the Pi Adaptor, so you will need to wire it up to the Pi manually with jumper wires.

Regards
    James

Comment

Hi James,

I realized that once i read more into the page description. I think my real question now is is there was to use the display as just a display?

Comment

You mean, use the display as a Primary Display to the Pi, as in, view the Desktop etc of the Raspberry Pi?

If that is what you are wanting, then no, you have the wrong product.
        The uLCD-70DT can be a secondary display to the Pi, but not a Primary Display. You can only program the uLCD-70DT using Workshop4 or by sending it serial information, it cannot be used for live streaming like a computer monitor.

If you want a Primary display, then you need to look at our 4DPi range of displays. We have 3.2" and 3.5" currently, but more sizes are on their way in the next month or so, up to 7".

Regards
        James

Comment

Working...
        X