Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

use of OLED in different orientation (90 degree rotation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPsupport
    replied

That model can only be rotated 180 degrees.

To achieve that use DISP to open the correct header file (either the 'old' display or the newer Rev H version)

For the older one change the _65K_COLOURS constant from 0x74 to 0x66

For the newer one change the parameter to REMAP_COLOUR_SETTINGS in the initialization commands from 0x74 to 0x66

Save the new settings to the display

Leave a comment:

• itm
    replied

OLED-128-GI, SGC. I would like to perform a 90 , or even a 180 clockwise rotation.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Depending upon the model it may be possible to change the rotation in the config file.

Which display and which rotation are you wanting to achieve?

Leave a comment:

• itm
    replied

Hello,

I'm using a SGC module controlled by an external microcontroller. Is it still impossible to rotate the display ? I don't see any command to do that in the manual

Leave a comment:

• Sylvester
    replied

Mucho thanks to scubasonar for his very helpful portrait mode file for the 160-G1.

Just a hint for all, if you use this file then you will need to reformat images to fit on a 160 wide by 128 high screen and they will need to be mirrored to come out correctly!

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

The warranty is void with any modification on the module. However if you still want to proceed, just cut the connector pins, pull the plastic off the pins and unsolder single pin at a time and pull it.

You cannot reach from the display side to solder anything back, try soldering from the bottom (components side) of the PCB. You shouldn't try to remove the display off, it has driver IC embedded in the flex cable.

The footprint is a 0.1” pitch 2 row 10 x through holes with 1mm Dia.
    -Bilal

Leave a comment:

• itm
    replied

Hello!
    Thanks for your answer!Actually I'm afraid I have to remove the connector: there is only 6mm between the micro controller PCB and the µOLED PCB. This is quite annoying. Is there a way to have a photo of the module without the connector? I was thinking about soldering something like that : http://au.element14.com/molex/888060016/ribbon-cable-idt-6way-per-m/dp/1313465?Ntt=1313465
    Unfortunately, this one is a bit too big : http://au.element14.com/te-connectivity-amp/826468-5/header-right-angle-5way/dp/9688994?Ntt=9688994.
    Do you have any other idea?
    Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Assuming you have the 'h' or newer revision of the uOLED-128-G1, try changing the REMAP_COLOUR_SETTINGS value to 0x66 using DISP.

By all means trim the I/O pins to a shorter length.

They are 'big' for us poor humans to relate to

Leave a comment:

• itm
    replied

Hello,
    Sorry to interrupt this thread but I have the same issue.I have to rotate the display of a µOLED-128-G1 (180°) since the I/O pins in the current orientation would hit other components.
    Since I'm using an external controller, a permanent change would be acceptable for me. I already managed to display some stuff using the terminal and download info using DISP. But what's next?
    (By the way, these I/O pins are very big! Is it risky to remove the current connector and solder something else? I don't really see how to proceed due to the lack of space behind the screen)

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

And which model are we talking about this time?

Leave a comment:

• scubasonar
    replied

Hey Kess,

Do you need to change the orientaion during runtime or are you ok setting it permanently?

Leave a comment:

• Kess
    replied

I'm developing a product using uOLED displays with SGC (running the latest Pmmc rev 17) and would also like to change the display orientation using a serial command.

As scubasonar says above, the FAT Controller program has an "Orientation" control but this has no effect on the display.

Can anyone confirm whether or not it is supposed to be possible to control the screen orientation when using the SGC platform?

Leave a comment:

• scubasonar
    replied

Nm, I got the uOLED 160 to flip to portrait mode! The trick was to use the DISP application and to look under the GRAM access tab. Switching X's to Y's and vice versa in conjunction with changing the DISPLAY_MODE_SET command to 0x13 under the initialization command tab gave a nice portrait mode that looks right. Rename the attached .txt to get portrait mode for a uOLED 160 or other GOLDELOX SGC display. Hope this helps someone else.

Attached files uOLED160_portrait.txt (43.3 KB)

Leave a comment:

• scubasonar
    replied

Is it still the case that these(uOLED160 and 96) modules running the serial platform can't rotate to a portrait mode? When I connect with FAT-controller-Rev0.1.0.10 it shows a screen orientation control that sends [59 04 03] for portrait and [59 04 01] for landscape but they don't seem to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• rsandbach
    replied

Well, that makes me feel a little better. I am using the display for my senior design, and well, it will be quite difficult to get credit for the display if there are no tools to develop with.

Will the next release also fix issues with Graphics Composer? I am using Windows Vista and am unable to write data to my SD card. I've disabled the access settings as described in other posts but had no success.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X