Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

use of OLED in different orientation (90 degree rotation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use of OLED in different orientation (90 degree rotation)

Hi all,
    i would like to use the OLED (96-G1) in a different orientation (rotate 90 degrees)

Which problem will i encounter in doing this?

i think the only problem is about the Text/Char commands. i will need to write pixel-by-pixel i guess.
    Is there any function to rotate the text/display?

Are there any other issues i should be careful at?

thanks
    Beppe

Hi, you can rotate text, lines, circles and rectangles with:-

gfx_Set(SCREEN_MODE, LANDSCAPE ); // (default mode)
    gfx_Set(SCREEN_MODE, LANDSCAPE_R );
    gfx_Set(SCREEN_MODE, PORTRAIT );
    gfx_Set(SCREEN_MODE, PORTRAIT_R );

see http://www.4dsystems.com.au/developers/docs.php?cat=14&id=68 for further detail.
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using the OLED module with a host microcontroller that send commands to the OLED with Serial communication. is there a way to "communicate" this rotation command in this scenario?

If I understand correctly, in order to use this command i should program directly on the OLED micro. is this correct?

Thanks a lot
      Beppe

Comment

The screen rotation commands are only available under the 4DGL platform, not for the serial command platform using an external host micro.
        Atilla

Comment

The documentation says this function is currently only supported on the Goldelox platform and not for Picaso. Is that still the case?

Comment

Yes, landscape/portrait rotation for text and geometric objects will be part of the next Picaso release.
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

We are very close to a new release - have faith - if all goes to plan the new release will ready for Sunday 31st August.
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

The orientation change will be supported in the SerialEmulation 4DGL program as well.

Comment

Did you manage to release the new version yesterday?

Comment

Companje,

Unfortunately not. All bugs are ironed out except for one and we hope to get this resolved very soon. We're all working extremely hard to get the release out.
                      Atilla

Comment

Atilla, i believe im talking on behalf of everyone here, since the latest ppmc release has a bug left, a known bug, cant you pre-release it so that we can carry on with our projects (and our lives) as much as we can and update again as soon as you release the final one?
                        The truth is that we are waiting for this orientation for a long time, not that i dont appreciate the hard and excellent work you guys at 4dsystems are doing, but we really need some things to start moving around here!
                        I hope you understand!

Comment

electroni and all,

Believe me I understand and this is causing us a lot of grief, embarrasement and sleepless nights. Unfortunately 70% of the features depends on getting this issue resolved. We tried to roll back over a week ago so that we could get something released but realised this would take just as long. The enhancements and the new features are such that it takes 4DGL to new heights and we got caught up in the hype and one feature led to another. If it wasn't for only a handful of ellusive pesty little bugs we would have released 2 to 3 weeks ago. As late as a few hours ago we beleive all the issues have been resolved and we're just making some final testing. I know this is going to sound like a broken record but the new release will be worth all the heart ache (well...perhaps not to everyone). As they say "you live and learn" and we sure have and any future updates and fixes will only be limited to 2 weeks max.

Once again our sincere apologies to all our friends in the 4D community .... expect a release within the next couple of days.
                          Edit: For all those that have received the following modules will need the latest Workshop release and new PmmC files:
                          - uLCD-32032-P1T
                          - uOLED-32024-P1
                          - uOLED-32024-P1T
                          - uOLED-32028-P1
                          - uOLED-32028-P1T
                          Atilla

Comment

Well, that makes me feel a little better. I am using the display for my senior design, and well, it will be quite difficult to get credit for the display if there are no tools to develop with.

Will the next release also fix issues with Graphics Composer? I am using Windows Vista and am unable to write data to my SD card. I've disabled the access settings as described in other posts but had no success.
                            -- Ryan

Comment

Is it still the case that these(uOLED160 and 96) modules running the serial platform can't rotate to a portrait mode? When I connect with FAT-controller-Rev0.1.0.10 it shows a screen orientation control that sends [59 04 03] for portrait and [59 04 01] for landscape but they don't seem to do anything.
                              -Matthew

Comment

Working...
                              X