Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tearing effect

Hello,

I'm trying to display rapidly changing images (basically a movie) on the picadillo. However, I get a strong tearing effect (TE; visible flicker) when frame rate is below 50ms.

I looked at the specs, and the HX8357 can return the TE signal. TE is activated during initialization of the device (in picadillo.cpp) but I can not see any further evidence for actually using it (unless it is done automatically bu the controller, which is unlikely due to the strong flicker). I can see that orientation of the display matters, meaning that setting the memory write direction to match pixel update direction can help. I also tried checking DMA busy signal in the software, which again helps a bit, but I can still see stripes on the display.

Just for sanity check, I hooked my picadillo to a different computer, installed all the libraries and ran the example primitives.ino, and sure thing, reducing the delay between frames introduces flicker.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, basically any code that allows movies should have solved this by now...

I would appreciate your comments on this

Thanks

Alon
Working...
X