Scaling of dial works only in vertical direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaling of dial works only in vertical direction

In my project I am using a dial on a uOled96-G2 module. I am trying to scale it down, but it only allows scaling along the vertical axis. The horizontal axis remains stuck at 62 pixels causing an ellipsoidal dial.

What object exactly are you talking about? There are several components that could be described as 'dial's.

How are you trying to sale it down?
    Mark

Comment

It is the Coolgauge 1. I tried both entering numerical values in the 'width' field as well as dragging the gauge with the mouse. Only the value 'height' can be changed.
      Thanks,

Comment

The coolgauge 'must' be square, or half square
        Mark

Comment

Well, that is the whole point. I want it square but it won't allow me. Default is 62 x 62 and I want 55 x 55. But I can only change the height. When I then change the width to 55 and press enter, the 62 appears again for the width value, and the graphical representation of the gauge appears as an ellips. Same story when I drag the square around the gauge (and keeping it square).

Comment

Try changing the height value.

I have no trouble dragging it to be 55x55.

What version of Workshop are you using?

Mark

Comment

Changing the height value works just fine, it is the width giving troubles. I am using the very latest version of WorkShop (updated yesterday). Maybe I should make a short screen capture video?

Comment

When you change the height the width is also changed, isn't it?

Sure, I can't quite understand why it isn't working for you
                Mark

Comment

Hi, when I change the height, the width value remains fixed at 62 causing an ellipse. I will try to make some screen shots an/or video later today.

Comment

Weird, I tried just now, and the dial scales properly to a perfect 1:1 x-y ratio. Can't make the ellipse happen anymore. Good news. If it happens again I will try to capture it.

Comment

Problem is back again, this time screen captured. As you can see only the Y direction can be edited, the X direction remains frozen resulting in an ellipse of the gauge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have re-installed 4D workshop, and the problem remains. I now even get the elliptical gauge on my display :-(
                        On another PC I have a previous version of 4D Workshop installed. Same problem there....
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MadAl; 7th September 2016, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Can't imagine how reinstalling workshop can change anything, but this is so weird.

Please use file, zip project and attach it here, or email it to mark at 4dsystems dot com dot au
                          Mark

Comment

Found it, there is a variable "Equal Dimensions" yes/no, which erroneously got set to 'no'. If set to 'no', the width value remains frozen and only the height value can be changed. For ergonomics sake, I think the height, width and equal dimensions parameters should be grouped in the list to avoid this kind of confusion.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back.

Everything is alphabetical except Name, shich is always at the top. If it was in any other order, you'd never be able to find anything
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X