Unable to communicate to Picaso

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to communicate to Picaso

I just received my 4duino. I followed the 'getting started' using Arduino IDE version 1.6.11. I found the Display_print example from https://github.com/4dsystems/Picaso-...rduino-Library

However, when I flash the example, I see the original "4D Systems Pty Ltd" but nothing else. I also noticed that the LED (pin 13) starts blinking quickly.

I also tried the "Big" example, as well as powering it up using the headers (so USB is disconnected) but no difference.

It sounds like I am unable to communicate to the Picaso engine, and an error is occurring, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue, as I'm using everything out-of-the-box.

Hi lazerdye,

What document are you following?

Have you tried following our Quick Start Guide?
    You can also find instructions from the datasheet.

The 4Duino uses the Picaso_Serial_4DLib Library. However, the examples provided with it is actually written for a Arduino that interfaces with our displays using a Adaptor Shield. These examples can be modified to work with 4Duino.

You only need to change Serial to Serial1 and change the reset routine IO pin from 4 to 30. You also need to change the baudrate to what the display is using. That is 200000.

I'd also like to mention that Workshop 4 IDE contains several examples made for 4Duino and it is best to refer to those.

Best Regards,
    Juniel Cruz

Comment

That did it, I have text! I highly recommend mentioning this in the getting started guide, it is not in the Quick Start Guide, nor in the datasheet! I bought this from arduino.cc and expected it to work with the Arduino IDE, I would not have purchased it otherwise. I do not have Windows (Mac and Linux) so I cannot use the Workshop IDE.

But now that I can communicate with the display properly, I'll continue with my project, thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion.

This matter has been taken into account and is being taken care of.
        Juniel Cruz

Comment

Working...
        X