Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter.uCyg
    replied
    I've taken my first cut at notes for myself (attached) on these topics. Don't know if it's easier to just edit it or use the previous posts. Sorry. This is a lot but trying to stave off future problems and hope that another, complete re-wiring of my project wont be needed.

Thanks,
    Hunter
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hunter.uCyg
    replied
    Related to the FAT16 portion above: Is passing a handle of a file, opened in Bank 0, to code in another bank acceptable?

An added question: Is it acceptable for a Bank 1..5 function (initially called from Bank 0) to call a different 1..5 bank, counting on safe returns through the calling paths? Pitfalls?

Is there an App Note that addresses these and similar issues?

Thanks,
    Hunter

Leave a comment:

• Hunter.uCyg
    started a topic Banked Code and Systems Functions

Banked Code and Systems Functions

Is this still a good guideline for timers and banked code: http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...event-question #3 and does it apply to Diablo?

Is there any problem reassigning timer events in different banks . . . assuming that they are properly assigned/re-assigned in each bank as needed?

Are there any bank related issues associated with quadrature services?

Is there any limit to the number of passed parameters in a bank call?

What is the limit for total passed array sizes for bank calls?

From the examples, it appears that the display is a shared resource with no bank-related considerations. Correct?

Is there any problem having the same SD card FAT16 file open in multiple banks (assuming read only)?

Is there any problem having multiple banks both read and write from/to SD RAW (ignoring obvious, potential data integrity problems)?

Thanks,
    Hunter
    Last edited by Hunter.uCyg; 6th November 2016, 08:06 AM.
Working...
X