Recent Files List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Files List

Is there any way to cleanup the startup, recent files list? I tried moving all files to a different folder but just get the same list but "not found".

It might be nice to be able to cleanup this list by, say, right clicking an entry (or shift selecting multiple entries, then right clicking) and choosing "remove from list". I don't think this would interfere with those preferring a complete history. I frequently have multiple files (often for testing) with similar or identical filenames but in different folders and sometimes mistakenly open the wrong file. I find that I use this capability, when provided, in other applications.

Thanks,
    Hunter

Hi Hunter,

You might find this forum post similar to your inquiry:

http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...rkshop-install

"The deleted files are there for a reason, to remind you they have been deleted, if they were removed many people would tend to assume that either they had never opened the file (and then gone on a wild goose chase trying to find it) or that Workshop had a bug in that area.

They will drop off the list eventually, as you open other things."

You might also want to try the instructions on the forum post if you're interested.

Best Regards,

Comment

The next release of Workshop will allow you to clear the list
      Mark

Comment

You can clean up the Recent list but it is a bit involved.
        1. Make a note of the file paths and filenames you want to remove. They will appear in the Recent list.
        2. Go to the file location and delete the files you want to remove.
        3. This is where it gets involved. Open the Registry Editor (RegEdit), for safety backup the Registry.
        4. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
        5. Expand Software
        6. Expand 4DLabs
        7. Select Workshop
        8. In the right side pane locate History and right click. NOTE Depending upon the number of files in the Recent list the History may extend way to the right.
        9. Select Modify, this is where it gets nasty.
        10. CAREFULLY locate one of the files you want to remove, highlight it (the complete path and filename) and delete it. Repeat until all of the files have been individually deleted. If you're gutsy and the files are located together you can highlight them all at once and delete.
        11. Collapse everything and close the Registry Editor.
        12. Open the Workshop and the Recent list will be shorter.
        13. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER THE DELETED FILES!!!

Comment

Working...
        X