Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter.uCyg
    replied
    Got it. Should have know it's function. Seems that since the approach above safely does the same thing and saves 3 mouse clicks, will probably continue as I am.

Still looking for a way to always compile Banks 1..5 to flash and Bank 0 to RAM without having to go to Project>RAM/FLASH. I always run Banks 1..5 in flash but usually compile and run Bank 0 in RAM to save flash write cycles. Again, trying to save clicks since I compile frequently while developing and sometimes forget to do the RAM/FLASH toggle.

Thanks,
    Hunter

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    In the comms tab underneath the comm port setting

Leave a comment:

• Hunter.uCyg
    replied
    What's the "traffic light"? I don't see anything looking like one in my Designer toolbar. All I have is Compile and Compile and Load. Couldn't find a toolbar options menu.
    H.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

It just seems odd to do that.

I get what you are trying to achieve, I'd just be more inclined to 'let the bank run' and do a reset by clicking on the traffic light in workshop.

If something undesired could happen, I'd be inclined to just let the bank 'return' if the parameter was 'out of range'.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter.uCyg
    started a topic Banked Module Compilation Strategy

Banked Module Compilation Strategy

Is there anything wrong with this strategy? . . . .

All Bank 1..5 code modules begin with code similar to this:

Code:
    func main(var f)

if(f != SKETCHF) flash_Run(FLASHBANK_0);
    where SKETCHF is a constant whose value depends upon the target bank: 1111 for Bank 1, 2222 for Bank 2, etc.

The idea is to compile a Bank 1..5 to flash, prevent it's running (since arguments aren't valid since it hasn't been called) and effectively perform a soft reset to Bank 0 so the application is up and running with the new Bank 1..5 code.

But this results in a Workshop error message: "Failed to execute the program."

Still, it appears to work as I'd hoped. I'm assuming that I can ignore this message?

If I insert the statement: pause(1); before the if statement, I don't get the error message.

Thanks,
    Hunter

Working...
X