XY scope with GOLDELOX uOLED-128G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XY scope with GOLDELOX uOLED-128G2

I am looking to make an XY scope with a uOLED-128G2. I need to stick with this model due to the size. This is my first project...

The scope will be used to look at AUDIO level signals. Basically 20KhZ max.

I want to duplicate an XY audio scope wave form as shown in this example video:

I have run into a few problems...

1. I need two analog inputs. I solved this by using a CD4066BE analog switch set up as a multiplexer with an inverter connected between two of the switches gates. The inverter is run by IO2.

2. The signals that need to be plotted require reading bipolar signals. I was able to solve this with an OP amp set up to run as a bipolar to unipolar converter.

3. So now I get a scope display but it just looks like lines jumping all over the place that are not connected.

func main()
    // Read Value Test
    var X_Value, Y_Value,X_Value1, Y_Value1, count;
    pin_Set(OUTPUT, IO2); // set IO2 to be used as an output
    pin_Set(ANALOGUE_8, IO1); // set analog I/O pin to 8 bit mode
    gfx_Set(OUTLINE_COLOUR, BLUE);
    gfx_Contrast(16);
    gfx_Cls();

repeat
    count := 4;
    while (count--)

txt_Set(TEXT_WIDTH, 1);
    txt_Set(TEXT_HEIGHT, 1);
    txt_Set(TEXT_COLOUR, GREEN); //txt_Set(TEXT_COLOUR, RED);

pin_HI(IO2); // output a Logic 1 on IO2 pin
    X_Value := (pin_Read(IO1)/3); // read Y value
    gfx_MoveTo(0,120); // Set Print Position
    print( [DEC4Z] pin_Read(IO1)); // print the raw X value

pin_LO(IO2); // output a Logic 0 on IO2 pin
    Y_Value := (pin_Read(IO1)/3); // Read X value
    gfx_MoveTo(0,0); // Set Print Position
    print( [DEC4Z] pin_Read(IO1)); // print the raw Y value

pin_HI(IO2);
    X_Value1 := (pin_Read(IO1)/3);
    pin_LO(IO2);
    Y_Value1 := (pin_Read(IO1)/3);
    gfx_Line(X_Value,Y_Value,X_Value1,Y_Value1, BLUE);

wend
    gfx_OutlineColour(BLUE);
    gfx_CircleFilled(63,63,63, 0x0000);
    forever

endfunc

Is there a way to interconnect the lines and make a continus feed FIFO buffer? It would be great if the lines could bend based on the amplitude of the signal change. Maybe I am asking for too much out of this little processor? I know it's never going to look perfect like the original but anything close would be good.

Last edited by txturbo; 28th November 2016, 08:39 AM.

Dear txturbo,

Thank you for using our products. The reason why the lines are discontinuous is that you print the Value of the X and Y along with the gfx_MoveTo command. If it is possible, please try removing the printing of the X and Y values so the gfx_Line command will produce continuous lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      Dear txturbo,

Thank you for using our products. The reason why the lines are discontinuous is that you print the Value of the X and Y along with the gfx_MoveTo command. If it is possible, please try removing the printing of the X and Y values so the gfx_Line command will produce continuous lines.
      Hi Noel,

Thanks, that helped a bunch! It looks much closer to what I was expecting to see.

I think it would look a lot cleaner if I could figure out how to make a buffer and basically undraw the lines. Right now I have a circle drawn and every X number of loops through I clear the circle by writing all of the pixels black. This creates flicker and many of the lines displayed are not connected. I tried to replace the circle with a clear screen and it basically looks the same. It still looks way better than it did before.

I tried to follow the code in the GOLDELOX Big Demo for drawing the random wave form and un drawing the line to reduce the flicker. I am not quite sure how to adapt it to what I want since it seems that the code is designed to write a wave form left to right. I tried to adapt the code but when I run it I just get random lines drawn.

platform "GOLDELOX"

#inherit "4DGL_16bitColours.fnc"

func main()

//polyline array for scope
      #constant SAMPLES 20
      var ScopeBufX[20];
      var ScopeBufY[20];
      var freq[4];
      var samples, smpl, n;

repeat

while (n<samples)
      // undraw the old sample as we create new one (looks better, less flicker)
      gfx_Line(ScopeBufX[n],ScopeBufY[n],ScopeBufX[n+1],ScopeBufY[n+1],BLACK);
      pin_HI(IO2);
      ScopeBufY[n]:= (pin_Read(IO1)-128);
      pin_LO(IO2);
      ScopeBufX[n]:= (pin_Read(IO1)-128);
      n++;
      wend
      gfx_Polyline(samples, ScopeBufX, ScopeBufY, GREEN); // draw the new sample

forever

endfunc

Comment

Dear txturbo,

Thank you for using our products. I checked the Goldelox Big Demo source and what you placed
        in the repeat forever loop is a function call. The value of n is not re-initialized once it exits the
        loop. Also, the value of the variable n and samples are not initialized.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
          Dear txturbo,

Thank you for using our products. I checked the Goldelox Big Demo source and what you placed
          in the repeat forever loop is a function call. The value of n is not re-initialized once it exits the
          loop. Also, the value of the variable n and samples are not initialized.

Best regards,

Hi Noel,

I got the code working, thanks.

Can you tell me what the sampling rate is of the A to D conversion on the GOLDELOX processor?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X