X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonton81
    started a topic animation button limitation

animation button limitation

is there a limitation to the utilization of the animation buttons? I am able to cause an EVE Stack Overflow by pressing 5 or 6 buttons sequentially
    Code:
    EVE Stack Overflow
    errno=15
    PC=5161
    SP=-139
    UserHeap 29438
    SysHeap 11984

Touch to continue...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGDG...ature=youtu.be

• tonton81
    replied
    i just realized the animation goes from 0 to top and then back down, which is exactly what the other half of the animation does, so i cut out all frames 81 and above so only the first 0-80 exist in the anibutton, it looks even nicer

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    option 2 looks good with the long animations, i'll prolly shave a few frames but seems good like this, it's also good to prevent hitting another button by accident thank you mark

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Yeah, but remember that normal buttons, sliders, etc. can be used whilst the animation is in progress.

So option 1 in the attached is the current action. Option 2 is to prevent a touch while all anitimers are in use. Option 3 is to prevent a touch while any anitimer is in use.

Option 1 looks better for shorter animations, but yead, looks a bit odd for your long animations
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    thanks mark, it works well now
    is it possible to prevent the next animated button from being pressed until the current button's animation is finished? (this will remove the slowdown of the animations and reduce the use of timers)
    More or less like press it once and it'll do its thing, block other animated buttons from being run (block, not queue them) until the first one is finished?

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    not to many, but soon who knows

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    So yep, the fix broke the handling when all the timers were used up.... And the event handling was NQR.

Obviously not too many people using Animated buttons.

This all goes in the same folder as before.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    For the first problem, I would have sworn I tested that with your setup just to prove that it did the correct thing, but now I see that it doesn't work anymore, so maybe the fix broke it.

For the second one, I will check and get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    I think I have found a bug, if for example you press a button to change form then press another button, the initial button command never runs, example:

I set "Auto" button to change to Gauges form and recompiled
    I pressed "Auto" and before the animation finishes, press any of the other buttons, it will not change form

it does the exact same thing without the file you posted
    Last edited by tonton81; 10th February 2017, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    thanks Mark,

I am testing it now and I can't reproduce the EVE error anymore which is great, However, there is a total LCD lockup if you attempt an 8 button sequence, which requires a reset/power cycle
    I was thinking the eventspospone that you added in the file would prevent the next button from triggering code or animation until the first one finished but still all are pressable, and locks up the lcd

is it possible, after pressing one button (the animated ones specifically), not necessarily stop all lcd code, but only stop sequential animated buttons from triggering until the first one is complete?

PS: I like how you can view the animation of the press until it's complete before it switches the form, so it means the command is issued after the animation. looks great and very useful for using in other forms in my project
    Last edited by tonton81; 10th February 2017, 12:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    So the stack is being exhausted due to the timers for the button animation firing over the top of each other, due to the size of the images and the speed of the animation.

The best way to fix this is by keeping the timers firing sequentially.

Please unzip the attached into C:\Program Files (x86)\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\Genie\DIABLO

Then force a rebuild of your project.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    take your time

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    Yep, worked that out already.

The problem revolves around the message from the compiler
    "Note: 8 Button Animation Timers in use, more may be needed for optimal operation."

Still it shouldn't be failing the way it is. It's getting late in the day here. I'll continue on in the morning

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    and the forms are changed manually from teensy until i add buttons. so either command form3 to load as main in IDE or use the GTX tool to switch and test the HVAC section buttons

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    im sending it now via my carpc on LTE, zipped at about 230megs, hotmail and onedrive fail upload, i sent it via gmail

Leave a comment:

Working...
X