uUSB-PA5-II locks up sketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uUSB-PA5-II locks up sketch

So I have a Arduino design that has been working perfectly for about a year and a half and decided that I wanted to upgrade it to include a USB port for program updates etc. Added a uUSB-PA5-II to the design permanently, which by the way is the interface I used to program the design before I decided to attach it permanently, and now with the uUSB-PA5-II connected the design doesn't work. Well actually it's more complicated than that. When I run the design powered up by the USB port everything works fine, but when I disconnect the USB connection and run the design on its own power, nothing!!!!

After a lot of painful troubleshooting I found that if I disconnect the transmit pin on the processor everything works fine when powered up on it's own. So any ideas on what I'm missing?

I've included the schematic to help visualize how everything is connected.

Thanks in Advance,

Ken Dabek
    West End Recording

Hi Ken

You don't seem to have attached your schematic.

Regards
    James

Comment

Sorry forgot to upload it. Here it is. Doc1.docx

Comment

This is a bit better. Main PCB 02_25_17.pdf

Comment

are you using external power and permanently adding usb? make sure you dont share different power sources, disconnect the usb vcc if your using external power, must not have both powers applied together, only one or other

Comment

Sorry No_MOS, both of those attachments are unreadable. Rather than doing a screenshot and saving it, try printing to PDF or something instead. They are both extremely pixelated and all the text is unreadable. Its hard to decipher much. Please post it again in another way. Thanks
            James

Comment

Working...
            X