HDMI or TFT with 4DPi-24-HAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI or TFT with 4DPi-24-HAT

One more... I've changed (using raspi-config) to have it boot up autologin to the console... boom! I get a [email protected]: prompt.

If I use:
    startx -- -layout HDMI

it starts to the attached monitor on HDMI. I can then click shutdown and exit back out to the command line, returning control back to the RPi display.

I have tried:
    startx -- -layout TFT

but I can't get it to come up on the HAT when I have an HDMI cable connected. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

jharbinjr,

Please see this thread for your inquiry. This thread discusses how to display to HDMI and to the 4DPi-24-HAT. It contains a lot of info you can use.

http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...raspberry-pi-3

Best regards,

Comment

Ok. I've looked through that thread and my question still remains...

I have tried both of the startx commands and regardless of whether I stay "TFT" or "HDMI" when it is connected to an HDMI output, it ALWAYS comes up on the HDMI display. Is this by design or should I be able to display on the TFT even when an HDMI display is available?

I know the command.. I've read the manual.. But I'm not getting the expected output.

Comment

jharbinjr,

Forgive me for asking, but have you downloaded the latest Raspberry Pi image and applied the latest 4D Pi Hats package? If you have done so, does it boot to the 4D-Pi-HAT?

Best regards,

Comment

Hi,

when logged as pi/raspberry

sudo startx -- -layout HDMI
          sudo startx -- -layout TFT

should work. I was logged through ssh when testing...

Best regards

Comment

Working...
          X