Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32PTU-AR, what did I just buy :)?

Hi guys.
    This is my first 4D system display. Im trying to figure out which method to use for programmin my new display with an arduino.

I can't figure out what all this Genie is about. When creating a new project and choose a LCD32PTU, then i can choose a new "Visu-Genie" project, but with at LCD32PTU-AR (arduino compatible) I can't??

- What are the benefits of buying theese "-AR" boards?
    - What is the "Correct" way to program theese Arduino compatible boards?

BR
    Kasper

Good evening, do not select under arduino for the 32PTU-AR, instead, click on Picasso, and select uLCD-32PTU from the list
    Genie will be accessible at that point

Tony

Comment

Thanks alot. Just confused What this -AR is "designed" for...

Comment

*AR is usually a kit for arduino, lcd, shield, programmer? and, optional uSD card etc

Sometimes, however, like the 4Duino, it's built with an arduino(leonardo) mcu

When I purchased a uLCD-70DT-AR, it was a kit, that i can use on any arduino, basically

Comment

The purpose of the -AR selection in WS4 is to allow you to program the Arduino itself using the 2 arduino compatible environments we have, which utilise the Serial platform on the display.

If you are wanting to use ViSi-Genie, then you do what Tonton said, and just select the base display model itself, uLCD-32PTU.

The uLCD-32PTU and the uLCD-32PTU-AR are exactly the same thing. -AR just comes with hardware suited for connecting the display to an Arduino. So selecting -AR option in WS4 just allows you to program the whole lot from the Arduino IDE, writing code in the Arduino and having that control the display using our Serial platform. Using the base display uLCD-32PTU option instead, allows you to select 4 environments, of which 3 you program the display itself. You would then program your Arduino to suit using the Arduino IDE, and connect them together.

Just different ways to do your project.

Regards
          James

Comment

Working...
          X