• Show
Clear All

• shachar
    replied
    Thank you Tonton

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    mostly they use the same hardware, but the 4th gen has it's pins accessible on a ribbon cable as well as the programming is done over the ribbon. the pcb is also encased mostly in the protective plastic casing of the lcd (were talking about the gen4 models)

the non gen4's have the pins on the mainboard of the lcd, which is mostly exposed

the hardware, chips, are the same, its more of a layout
    also, gen4's dont have a speaker, you need to add one

Leave a comment:

• shachar
    replied
    Tnx tonton,
    I noticed there is diffrence in flash and RAM memory ,power consumption between the diablo16 to the picaso processor displays.
    But can't figure out the difference between GEN4-uLCD-43DT to the uLCD-43DT. and why there is such a price distinction?

Leave a comment:

• tonton81
    replied
    it will work the same, but, the layout of widgets will not be set right obviously on the 43DT, you just need to move them around
    if you have been using the GPIO pins you'll need to reconfigure them as the diablo and picasso are not the same pinout

Leave a comment:

• shachar
    started a topic 4gen-ulcd-43dt vs ulcd-43dt

4gen-ulcd-43dt vs ulcd-43dt

Hello,
    I realy don't understand the diffrences between this two versions.
    I'm currently working with the uLCD-32PTU and arduino mega, i want to upgrade my display to gen4-uLCD-43DT
    it will work the same? i will have to make some changes in my codes or some kind of HW change?

Regardes
Working...
X