4D 4.3” LCD CAPE Change I2C Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4D 4.3” LCD CAPE Change I2C Bus

I'm using a 4D 4.3" LCD CAPE (Non-resistive touch). Currently I'm using the most up to date Debian distribution, Debian 9.1 2017-08-24 4GB SD LXQT. The wireless cape I'm using (https://www.element14.com/community/...aglebone-black), uses I2C1 for UART1 RTSN and CTSN. Is there any way I can make this cape use I2C2 instead of I2C1?

Hi cmajor28

Welcome to the Forum.

You are using a 4DCAPE-43, or a gen4-4DCAPE-43 ?
    I am assuming the former.

I2C2 is used by the EEPROM, so as far as I am aware, this is not available for devices to use also, but I may be wrong.
    I2C1 is used for CTP only, but CTP was never released of the 4DCAPE-43, it has only become available on the gen4-4DCAPE range. But yours is non-touch anyway, so I2C1 shouldnt be used at all.
    Changing the way this works would require you to edit the Kernel and rebuild it I believe.
    The kernel is built into the distribution, we have no influence on it, so to change it I believe you would have to modify the generic Overlay associated with the LCD capes, and then rebuild the kernel.

I2C however is a bus, so you should be able to use more than 1 device on the bus without a problem....
    James

Comment

I'm actually using 4DCAPE-43. But if modifying the device tree is all that is needed I can do that pretty easily. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X