Serial Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Communication

Is there any good Tutorial about Serial Communication with the 4gen Displays + Visigenie?
    I cant find something who is explaining this.
    Hope someone can help me out about this one.

Some Backround Information:
    I want to Connect a gen4-uLCD-43DT to a STM32 via Serial.
    I worked with the Nextion Displays and there it was easy, i just wrote "set gauge0 80" for example and it did changed to 80.
    Is there anything else here?

Regards

Hello,

You will find this appnote useful as it with explain the serial basic's when using Visi-Genie http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00001/

When you have designed a form or series of forms using Visi-Genie and compiled to the display, you can use GTX under the tools tab. GTX will allow you to control all objects, switch forms, and read inputs from the display. The Serial data which is used to operate the screen functions are shown in the right hand panel. You can then easily use this serial data in your STFM32 code. A typical example of changing a gauge to 80 via serial is by sending 6 bytes 01 08 00 00 50 29

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hii Eveyone ,
      i am new to programming , i am using Gen-4ULCD 43DT and trying to implement serial communication bit i am not able to receive any data from COM0 port can anyone please help me while programming COM0 port for serial communication.
      here is the code which i am trying.

Var buf[2];
      var x;

fun main ()
      com_Setbaud(COM0, 960);
      repeat
      com_Init(buf ,4,0);
      x := serin();
      print(x);
      if (x>=0)
      printf(serin());
      forever